Daniel Johnson

BOF

His loan expired as it was a three-month deal. I'd assume Chesterfield tried to extend it but maybe Oldham were seen as a more attractive option for whatever reason.

Can't imagine that would be true - Chesterfield are a very decent team at that level and play good football; Oldham not so much.  As penguin has posted, I'd assume there'd have been a problem with an extension or something.

His loan expired as it was a three-month deal. I'd assume Chesterfield tried to extend it but maybe Oldham were seen as a more attractive option for whatever reason.

Can't imagine that would be true - Chesterfield are a very decent team at that level and play good football; Oldham not so much.  As penguin has posted, I'd assume there'd have been a problem with an extension or something.

Apparently DJ played against Oldham and thought they were a very good team after the game. Oldham are above Chesterfield in the league. I also believe Oldham have only lost three times in 26 league games, which is quite an achievement at any level.  

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

He seems to be very good at that level. Will he get a chance for us?

At 22 years old, out of contract in the summer and the closest he got to the first team was being on the bench under houllier during an injury crisis, I highly doubt he will play a single second of first team football for us.

every time I've watched him play, he has been the stand out player, even playing alongside jack.... he has that ability to glide through players with the ball - very exciting to watch....

Coming back to replace Delph then maybe?

every time I've watched him play, he has been the stand out player, even playing alongside jack.... he has that ability to glide through players with the ball - very exciting to watch....

I agree with you there, he does glide through players very well but I have to ask what is his position?

He has a good first touch and energy but his passing isn't always crisp and he isn't the strongest or best defensively, plus I don't think he's the best finisher.

I watch him and think well, well, you've got some talent haven't you but then he starts to look like he doesn't have a position or a clue where exactly he should play...is that management or is that him?....I guess these pitch minutes will really help him and I hope he gets a renewed sense of pitch purpose, I'm just not really sure he can really make the grade, I hope I'm wrong though.

Its saddens me that we may never see him given a chance here.

Surely that clown Lambert is getting good reports back!

Whats Lambert got to do with this?

Not good enough for us, that is all.

Its saddens me that we may never see him given a chance here.

Surely that clown Lambert is getting good reports back!

Whats Lambert got to do with this?

Not good enough for us, that is all.

Not good enough for us! He should be at least given the chance to prove this one way or the other.

Lambert doesn’t not seem to have a clue who is good enough to play in his pitiful side.

He has decided the majority of the players he actually signed are not good enough!, the likes of Tonev, Luna, Bennett, Sylla, Helenius, Lowton etc.

Then you have the Alan Hutton situation….someone explain that to me!

On top of that you have Joe Cole clogging up a place on the bench. It may only be my opinion but I think DJ has more to offer than Cole, Sylla and Tonev put together.

Â