Daniel Johnson

BOF

Just signed a two year contract. I think this lad really has something. Hopefully this year he can kick on and finally make his debut.

You'd have to think he'd get his chance under Lambert at some point so it's upto him to impress and if he does we'll extend his contract further.

No one really misses out with this; if he does well we extend, if he doesn't it's only a 2 year deal.. and like I said i'm sure he will get his chance under Lambert.

I also think he definitely has something. I know there are those on here who see more of him and think he has stalled but hopefully this season will give him the extra impetus to make the step up. Same goes for Gardner.

I also think he definitely has something. I know there are those on here who see more of him and think he has stalled but hopefully this season will give him the extra impetus to make the step up. Same goes for Gardner.

I dont know much about Johnson, however I have never been impressed with Gardner whenever he has appeared for us. Many people have said he is the next big thing but I havent seen much that impressed me.

• 1 month later...

Let's remember that he is only 20, had a good game tonight.

He did and he got at them well. I just feel like he's missing that *thing*, whatever it is. Against better opposition I don't think he'd carry it off.

I was more impressed with Carruthers and Grealish despite them not being quite as eye catching.

It's hard to quantify what I mean so I'll leave it there.

• Like 1

I think Grealish definitely looks a good prospect especially for his age. Obviously Carruthers has more flair about him too.

Either way I'm glad the likes of Johnson look comfortable on the ball, could become a useful bunch of players for us over the next few seasons.

I haven't seen much of him.. however each time ive seen him I have been impressed with his size and mobilityfor a young bloke. He seems like one that will succeed imo.

Â