Daniel Johnson

BOF

dan johnson is 23 and playing very well in league one. Good news for him, hardly proof he was going to make it at premier league level. If he was good enough surely even a championship side would have tried to buy him?

• Like 2

Preston fans are loving it. Work with a season ticket holder up here and one of their favourite songs is 'fifty grand fifty grand Daniel Johnson'

I hope we have some percentage of sell on fees if he moves on in time.

Mad we let him go so cheaply

• Like 1

Yeah it's Lambert's fault.

If it had been a good decision, then the credit would have gone to the scouting network.

But bad transfer decisions are always Lambert's fault.

I think that's how it works ;)

• Like 1

dan johnson is 23 and playing very well in league one. Good news for him, hardly proof he was going to make it at premier league level. If he was good enough surely even a championship side would have tried to buy him?

This.

Mayby we sold him a little to cheap but playing well in league 1 doesnt mean he was good enough for the premier league.

they love him. They are trying to work out a song for him. The 2 favourites are 

1 To the tune of dreadlock holiday

I don't like Daniel, oh no. I love him,

2 Daniel Johnsons f***ing brilliant

This.

Mayby we sold him a little to cheap but playing well in league 1 doesnt mean he was good enough for the premier league.

think the issue was he was never given a chance by Lambert when we had an average midfield for last few seasons. He had Sylla and Herd ahead of him

I always agreed with letting him go. Gardner was always better than him in the reserves (which is telling, from Gardner's performances in the Championship) but even when Gardner played for us he didn't make much of an impact.

Johnson is older, and when he did play for our first team, he looked completely out of his depth.

Time will tell whether he can cut it at a higher level, but I got the feeling we'd keep one or the other, and Gardner is still the better player (imo).

I have a feeling that we will come to regret more or less giving him away .I watched him many times for the Youth and U21 and you could see he had talent.While in my opinion he is not Premier standard,i feel he would do well in the Championship.It is a pity that Lambert did not seem to have the guts to give the likes of Johnson,Grealish and Robinson a decent chance and worse still it appears there is no sell on clause.

• 2 weeks later...

I always agreed with letting him go. Gardner was always better than him in the reserves (which is telling, from Gardner's performances in the Championship) but even when Gardner played for us he didn't make much of an impact.

Johnson is older, and when he did play for our first team, he looked completely out of his depth.

Time will tell whether he can cut it at a higher level, but I got the feeling we'd keep one or the other, and Gardner is still the better player (imo).

He never played for our first team unless you're on about pre season friendlies.

Far too good for league 1, I feel he might be a rare youth product we regret letting go.

I am at the game today. He has played fairly well, doesn't waste the ball much and was quality finish.

Preston fans....50 grand 50 grand Daniel Johnson. Looks cheap !!!!

I thought he looked a class above any other player on the pitch. Preston should have walked the game. Beckford missing that chance that Johnson brilliantly set up was a disgrace.

He never played for our first team unless you're on about pre season friendlies.

Far too good for league 1, I feel he might be a rare youth product we regret letting go.

He's not a youth product, we nicked him from Palace, he's a very good player though and i felt he should've been given an opportunity here

Â