General England thread

kurtsimonw

Welbeck performance vs Real Madrid was probably best performance by an English player in Europe all season, He is England top scorer in 2012 and is woefully underrated.

He played a lot of games in the most dominating team in England in probably the last 10 years

When is the new kit out exactly? Its about the only interesting thing associated with the england team at the moment and even news on that has gone dry. Has it been delayed so it can be livened up a bit from the yawn inducing shirts that they are? Supposed to be out on St Georges day originally.

As Woy was manager of the finnish national team I can see him still doing pretty much the same as he did with ours; setting up team to play rigid football void of any creativity and any spark with the principle "Make sure we don't lose!". Are there any english managers who could take the national team? Sam Allardyce? :D

Harry Redknapp should have got the job.

But the FA had to go with the safe, boring, conservative option.

As opposed to the shit option.

I'd rather have Avram Grant in charge than Harry Redknapp

Yeah, he ain't Bobby Robson by long shot but at least he'd been better choice than Woy, but it's a shame that there aren't any bright younger english managers, Finnish football association at least had sense to hire Mixu Paatelainen who is mostly doing a good work, bringing up younger players and at least having somewhat more adventurous tactics than any previous of our managers.

As opposed to the shit option.

I'd rather have Avram Grant in charge than Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp would have been great.

None of this ultra-defensive 4-4-2 that we saw at the Euros.

Yeah, he ain't Bobby Robson by long shot but at least he'd been better choice than Woy, but it's a shame that there aren't any bright younger english managers, Finnish football association at least had sense to hire Mixu Paatelainen who is mostly doing a good work, bringing up younger players and at least having somewhat more adventurous tactics than any previous of our managers.

Didnt Hodgson get them to their highest position ever in a qualifiers. I think they just missed play-offs on goal difference or something

Didnt Hodgson get them to their highest position ever in a qualifiers. I think they just missed play-offs on goal difference or something

No, three points and goal difference from the second place in qualification group for euro 08 but closests is missing playoff by two points for 1998 world cup where we were one goal away from the win against Hungary who scored to 1-1 in stoppage time.

How does Welbeck make the squad, but Gabby who's been on excellent form banging in goals from the wings doesn't get a look in? And to those saying Lambert shouldn't be in the squad just like Holt; he's a much better footballer than Holt. He has more to his game than roughing up defenders and scoring 5 headers and 3 penalties a season. He's a very good player.

I really don't get why chamberlain isn't being sent to the euro U21s, hardly played for arsenal, wont play 180 mins for the full squad, wont play every game for arsenal next season either, there should be no danger of him being tired next summer but he could learn something this summer, wasted opportunity IMO

as for gabby, don't know why im surprised, welbeck is one of them players who doesn't really play anywhere, just runs round a lot and has some nice touches, we already have rooney for that, carroll is a donkey who the media love but isn't good enough and his strengths will be punished by soft international refs (the de gea challenge for example, all day red in an England shirt) defoe hasn't kicked a ball in 6 weeks yet still gets in

I think the worst of it is though that a year before a world cup and woy isn't even trying to look at different players and options, he's obviously made his mind up already, which is **** daft

Gabby should be in the squad no doubt about it. 

How does Welbeck make the squad, but Gabby who's been on excellent form banging in goals from the wings doesn't get a look in? And to those saying Lambert shouldn't be in the squad just like Holt; he's a much better footballer than Holt. He has more to his game than roughing up defenders and scoring 5 headers and 3 penalties a season. He's a very good player.

How Hodgson chose Carroll over Lambert is beyond me.

How Gabby Agbonlahor & Ricky Lambert didn't make the England squad is beyond me. Surely they deserve to be there more than Jermaine Defoe & Andy Carroll. How boring is the England International team? Not one player who excites. Needs new faces to freshen it up.

Â