General England thread

kurtsimonw

England: Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Cole, Carrick, Lampard, Walcott, Rooney, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge

Ireland: Forde, Coleman, O’Shea, St Ledger, Kelly, Walters, McCarthy, Whelan, McGeady, Keane, Long.

The only reason I'm watching this is because my 2 Sky-less mates have decided they're watching it - meaning my tellybox.

It's on ITV and Setanta Ireland as well.

Not really looking forward to this game, it's pointless and I can definitely see something kicking off (obviously hope not though).

Yes totally pointless game imo

Well I don't care that much, but my opinions on the game anyway. England will probably win by a 2 goal margin, ROI are poor at the moment and the defence is really bad. When they met in 1995, England and Ireland were on a similar level. Ireland had qualified and done well at the world cup 7 months earlier, whereas England were not there. Ireland had players like Mcgrath, Roy Keane, Townsend, Irwin and Staunton. Players who would probably have got into the England team at the time. No Ireland player in the current line up would get close to the England team. Although I do rate Long highly. 3-1 England.

Edited by Voinjama

Im genuinely upset that this garbage is on instead of BGT.

Although ironically this game will illustrate that it hasn't.

its not called Britain and Irelands got talent ;)

Â