General England thread

kurtsimonw

Montenegro are a solid team. That is all you need to be to be relatively successful at international level - a team.

San Marino really should be there but unless they introduce pre-qualifying rounds for smaller nations then it would be unfair to rule a country out just because they're shit.

i believe they've only won like one professional game, so on that basis they should be ruled out on account of their 'shitness'. 

Montenegro are a solid team. That is all you need to be to be relatively successful at international level - a team.

San Marino really should be there but unless they introduce pre-qualifying rounds for smaller nations then it would be unfair to rule a country out just because they're shit.

i believe they've only won like one professional game, so on that basis they should be ruled out on account of their 'shitness'.

Being shit shouldn't rule them out, football is a game and id say they play for the love of the game, plus just playing on these games will give the country a lot of FIFA money and exposure to tourism.

latest leak of the home -

England2013Nike.jpg

**** criminal if they charge £40 for that

Why?

People always say this when an England shirt comes out.

Why is it criminal?

Well, it is criminal because football shirts are extortionate.

But I mean why is it anymore criminal than charging £40 for any other football shirt that's out at the moment?

• Like 1

because apart from the collar its exactly the same shirt as the new USA one...

IMO templates make football shirt prices criminal, if they've put no effort in to the design then why should i throw cash at them? by the looks of that the badge would have taken longer than the shirt

I will say I do like the simpler england shirts. When they try and tart them up I thin it makes them look crap.

That little patch on the back of a fairly recent one with the tiny St George crosses on it was awful. Made it look like it was covered in little stars. Weird.

Plain white shirt and a badge is fine for me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

gabby is an all dayer IMO but wont get a sniff, i thought gabby's comments were absolutely spot on, no doubt it'll be rooney, carroll, sturridge with all them starts and welbeck with all them goals...

will zaha officially be a utd player by the time the squad gets announced? cos that'll be him in, mcmanaman needs more time, only made 19 league appearances for wigan this year, not sure how many were starts

goals this season -

gabby - 12 / 32

rooney - 16 / 36

sturridge - 13 / 27

welbeck - 2 / 39

carroll - 7 / 23

im not putting holt / lambert in there because it simply wont happen, if gabby cant get in the squad ahead of welbeck and carroll then woy can get ****

as I said in the transfer thread, McManaman lacks composure in the final 3rd to even be a good signing for us.

Albrighton had a better season a few years ago and no way he would have got near England squad

Â