General England thread

kurtsimonw

I hope Zaha gets a call up and plays. We need to stop losing players of dual nationality. 

Tbf normally we only lose the players who aren't good enough for England anyway.

I hope Zaha gets a call up and plays. We need to stop losing players of dual nationality. 

Who was of dual nationality that chose another country over England??? I can't think of many. And the ones that did choose another country over England did so because they knew they weren't gonna get in the England squad. Earle, Sinclair, Sullivan

Who was of dual nationality that chose another country over England??? I can't think of many. And the ones that did choose another country over England did so because they knew they weren't gonna get in the England squad. Earle, Sinclair, Sullivan

Victor Moses

Didn't Victor Moses do it?

Yeah he's the only one tbh.

Mostly countries like Scotland, Wales, Jamaica, Republic of Ireland use English players who don't get a look in for England.

Lewis Holtby, although admittedly he was never likely to have chosen England. I think there is work to be done though. Zaha is undecided at the moment. 

Holtby was born in and playing in Germany at the time. He has played for Germany at various levels his entire career, bit of a poor example that. 

Moses is an odd one. Played for England all the way from schoolboys upwards then blows us off as soon as he becomes big time. Though he was born in Nigeria to Nigerian parents I'm not sure I appreciate that kind of thing. I'd be much happier if there was a rule in place that says once you have represented YOUR COUNTRY at any level then that is that, no switching as and when you please. At the very least from U19's upwards?

Zaha has played for England already, but it seems you now have to play in a competitive fixture for this to stick! Absolutely mental rule that.  

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Think Moses decided when at Wigan and maybe didnt expect to improve to level he is at now and sign for a team like Chelsea which to be honest shocked a few people at the time

Think Moses decided when at Wigan and maybe didnt expect to improve to level he is at now and sign for a team like Chelsea which to be honest shocked a few people at the time

Regardless, having played for England at every level up until that point he shouldn't have had the choice. 

Â