Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

56 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Wonder if the same people saying this are the ones saying we'd do a Norwich last summer. Don't worry lads if you make a big prediction every summer you'll get one right eventually 

Probably not, well I didn't. Norwich aren't nearly as dislikeable!

Still can't fathom why anyone would sign up to any other club forum than their own?

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think people imagining Leeds are going to fall apart next season are likely to be mistaken. They've got a very solid platform to build from, and their business last summer was miles away from the car crash buying that doomed Sheff Utd and eventually doomed Bournemouth. Keep buying smart and they'll finish in a similar position next season IMO.

I remember Leeds fans insisting that no none but other than annother 'crook' would buy us after Xia, because they themselves had been through it themselves and if a billionaire wouldn't buy them as a championship club why would one possibly want to buy us, then insisting that the takeover wasn't real and just a loan, then that Smith wouldn't get us promoted, then them begging for last season not to be cancelled so we'd be relegated, looking on Waccoe they seemed more concerned about that than their own promotion, and then that we'd be relegated this season... So VIlla fans aren't the only ones with poor predictions.

Next season they won't be as bad as Sheffield United have been this season, but I do think to even just stand still they're going to have to spend big, and spend wisely.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think people imagining Leeds are going to fall apart next season are likely to be mistaken. They've got a very solid platform to build from, and their business last summer was miles away from the car crash buying that doomed Sheff Utd and eventually doomed Bournemouth. Keep buying smart and they'll finish in a similar position next season IMO.

Not like their new signings outside of Raphinna have even contributed that much. The two CBs they signed have spent about six months injured between them and Rodrigo Moreno has flopped a bit so very much the championship core have done very well for them.

The fact that they've done well this season with largely their championship team strengthens the argument that they could struggle next season if they don't improve their squad. It actually strengthens the comparisons to Sheffield United, because they too did very well last season with largely their championship team, and like Leeds and on paper a team that wasn't very good but was more about the system than individual players, the problem comes if other teams work out that system, and you haven't got the individual quality to combat that, which Sheffield United didn't, is why Leeds have to spend wisely in the summer.

We ourselves have got to guard against going backwards next season, all it would take is a poor end to this one and for that form to affect us going into next season and we could be in trouble. Have to remember for midtable teams it's easy to look good one season and then not so good the next, see Sheffield United and Watford for recent examples of that, and to a lesser extent Wolves this season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not like their new signings outside of Raphinna have even contributed that much. The two CBs they signed have spent about six months injured between them and Rodrigo Moreno has flopped a bit so very much the championship core have done very well for them.

Didn't people say Rodrigo was a bargain at the time? I think some of the usual criticized Smith for not being able to attract him here 😂😂

• Like 1

Having the ability to make average players look like very good players is certainly an aspect what seperates the top managers from average managers.

Nobodys like Stuart Dallas and Luke Ayling. I can't believe how Bielsa have turned them into decent level pl players.

I remember people in this thread in the summer laughing at pundits predicting them top half. Those predictions had nothing to do with them being a promoted club, it had everything to do with them having Bielsa as their head coach.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Having the ability to make average players look like very good players is certainly an aspect what seperates the top managers from average managers.

Nobodys like Stuart Dallas and Luke Ayling. I can't believe how Bielsa have turned them into decent level pl players.

I remember people in this thread in the summer laughing at pundits predicting them top half. Those predictions had nothing to do with them being a promoted club, it had everything to do with them having Bielsa as their head coach.

Chris Wilder did better with David McGoldrick, Oliver Norwood and Enda Stevens 

• Like 1

The extent to which Sheffield United collapsed is a one off, no team except for them this season, goes from challenging for europe one season to being one of the worst ever premier league sides the next, Leeds could lose Bielsa and replace him with Steve Bruce and they wouldn't regress that badly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

The extent to which Sheffield United collapsed is a one off, no team except for them this season, goes from challenging for europe one season to being one of the worst ever premier league sides the next, Leeds could lose Bielsa and replace him with Steve Bruce and they wouldn't regress that badly.

Ipswich, Reading all relegated after challenging. Even Newcastle under Pardew nearly went down

Having a good season and then getting relegated the next season isn't unheard of, but going from how good Sheffield United were last season to how bad they've been this season pretty much is, when Ipswich went down they went down with 36 points, Newcastle under Pardew went down with 34 points and Reading when they went down after finishing 8th season before went down with 36 points, which is a big difference to how Sheffield United have performed this season.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Bielsa has done an impressive job there for sure, but for balance so has Dean Smith, with Konsa, Mings, and Targett. Not saying they are average players but look at where they were before joining Smith at Villa. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Bielsa has done an impressive job there for sure, but for balance so has Dean Smith, with Konsa, Mings, and Targett. Not saying they are average players but look at where they were before joining Smith at Villa. 

Yep Smith came in and improved Elmo, Whelan as well to make them look good footballers compared to what was shown before he joined

Even Jack for example came on leaps and bounds under Smith

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Probably not, well I didn't. Norwich aren't nearly as dislikeable!

Still can't fathom why anyone would sign up to any other club forum than their own?

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

I remember Norwich fans on here trying to start a rivalry as well when we took Lambert. We are like the big team that arent going to do anything that smaller teams can try start a fight with to try become important

• Like 1

Isn't it funny how your dislike for a club can diminish so rapidly based on the actions of a few other clubs. Actually hoping Leeds win tonight as a result of this breakaway league.

Please note this is only for this game and any future game against these 6 clubs - I haven't gone full villalad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna be loads of eyes on tonight's game and what Klopp has to say.

Tuchel and Ole have basically said said the same no comment shit so far but Klopp might be the only one that could say something.

Â