Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

win or bust for them next week then.

tbh, i have no idea what is going to happen in that spurs game, Leeds can be terrible but also are at times capable of wacky results, you would expect Spurs to beat them, but Spurs are also capable of wacky results/losses.

Who knows what is going to happen.....

Even if they win you’d expect Everton to get at least the point they’d need to stay up against Bournemouth 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If i was leeds, if coventry dont come up they should go for robins

Carlos Corberan is the obvious move. I assume with that new contract he signed with West Brom a few months back there's a release clause.

I think if Leeds go down they'll take a while to come back.

Still got the core of the promotion side with Meslier- Ayling-Cooper-Harrison-Bamford knocking around but three years on none of them are that good and they simply won't get in a manager who will unite the club like Bielsa quickly did.

Rodrigo's done pretty well hitting double figures and showing some fight but he'll go back to mid table club in Spain you'd imagine.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Carlos Corberan is the obvious move. I assume with that new contract he signed with West Brom a few months back there's a release clause.

Still got the core of the promotion side with Meslier- Ayling-Cooper-Harrison-Bamford knocking around but three years on none of them are that good and they simply won't get in a manager who will unite the club like Bielsa quickly did.

Rodrigo's done pretty well hitting double figures and showing some fight but he'll go back to mid table club in Spain you'd imagine.

I think leeds will come straight back personally 

Bumford does well at that level and i think players like gnoto ayling etc will be good championship level.

But then you can argue same foe saints or leicester  everton 

7 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Even if they win you’d expect Everton to get at least the point they’d need to stay up against Bournemouth 

Yeah Everton will win that easily.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bumford does well at that level and i think players like gnoto ayling etc will be good championship level.

Bamford can't even move anymore.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If Southampton get in a few experienced heads in key positions I do think it can click for them in the way it has for Burnley as there's some talented players that just need to learn to win as a group.

Leicester near impossible to call given they'll be huge number of outgoings to comply with football league FFP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

About 350m of incoming transfers offset by Phillips and Raphinha.

How? They're squad is seemingly full of £8m players that cost £30m

Some agents must have got rich somewhere

I think Leeds could be in serious financial issues again with relegation, they have some horrid players on very big money. They spent over £150 this season alone and you would say not many of those will get that value back. Rodrigo isn’t going to stay and play in the championship and neither will gnotto. Harrison might go too and other than that the rest is pathetic on big money with the likely reliance on Bamford who can’t move of kick a ball. Interest to see what happens but I think for a side set up like Leeds are this could be a huge blow to them

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

But but but the premier League needs Leeds

The commentators still drool over them. Never understood it. 

I remember reading last season when they were in trouble that if they went down they would be in big financial trouble as apparently used future PL money to fund transfers and that if relegated would have to use parachute money to pay that back, don't know how true that is though.

If relegated not sure how easy it will be for them to come straight back up, as the players that got them promoted only really played well in Bielsa system, before his arrival they and Leeds weren't anywhere near promotion, more midtable championship level, and it's not as if their signings have worked out, the only ones that have Gnonto, Adams, and Wober will probably have to be sold anyway, so could have a big rebuild job.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

The commentators still drool over them. Never understood it. 

I understand it tbh - they're an entertaining side, in that games involving Leeds are generally pretty open and with a few goals.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think Corberan was close to the director of football they just sacked so probably wont want to join

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Corberan was close to the director of football they just sacked so probably wont want to join

Interesting.

Their first choice was Iraola in February but he didn't want to leave Rayo Vallecano at that point in the season. Can't see him being tempted by them in championship either.

Always thought Hasenhuttl would be a good fit for them but again he'd probably prefer a Bundesliga vacancy.

A stats for stats sake post. 

It has been 55 games since Bielsa managed what would prove to be his final victory for Leeds (a 3-2 win against West Ham).

Since then they’ve won 11, drawn 14 and lost 30. Conceding 120 goals, scoring 65. This all works out to be a 0.855 PPG.

Somewhat curiously, 3 of those 11 wins have been against Wolves.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

A stats for stats sake post. 

It has been 55 games since Bielsa managed what would prove to be his final victory for Leeds (a 3-2 win against West Ham).

Since then they’ve won 11, drawn 14 and lost 30. Conceding 120 goals, scoring 65. This all works out to be a 0.855 PPG.

Somewhat curiously, 3 of those 11 wins have been against Wolves.

They are nothing without him. Plucked them out of Championship obscurity and finished 9th in the PL with a points tally that it's still quite possible that we might not overtake this season.

Â