Media and punditry

BOF

14 hours ago, One For The Road said:

That's it, Newcastle.  Either way it was clearly not offside and Dion was staring at a graphic that showed EXACTLY why it was not offside, whilst simultaneously babbling on about it being offside. Terrible pundit.

Those glasses of his look ridiculous as well, They are the kind you get with a false moustache and nose

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Carragher said that essentially lockdown kept us up. Guess it's time to flood his DMs with abuse lads.

I thought it was Hawkeye that kept us up? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Carragher said that essentially lockdown kept us up. Guess it's time to flood his DMs with abuse lads.

I agree I would say Covid kept us up but has also derailed our champions league hopes! We were flying until we had that outbreak.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, villa89 said:

He's probably right.

I think 99 percent of Villa fans agree with it, i am sure he was jsut having a dig at the Leeds fans over what they did when Carney said similar

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Another round and another prediction of a crap result for us by that arse lawrenson. Just hilarious at this point

Just came here to post this. Has only predicted us to win 6 games all season, we'd be 15th had his predictions been right, Leeds would be 5th 😂

Edited by icouldtelltheworld

16 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Just came here to post this. Has only predicted us to win 6 games all season, we'd be 15th had his predictions been right, Leeds would be 5th 😂

we probably lost them 6 games ;) 

I find it a good thing when he predicts us to lose

On 01/03/2021 at 13:32, rodders0223 said:

Commentators and pundits and especially youtubers calling Henderson "Hendo"

He's not your mate.

Peter Drury grinds my gears with his "and it's Bobby Firmino" if he has a shot on target.

4 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He has West Brom as only having 3 points 😂

I can imagine doing something like this:

'Villa have had an excellent where they have won 3 and drawn 3 in their last 6. They are playing Berwick who are bottom of Scottish league 2, conceded the most goals and low on confidence, but I think they will pull an upset and beat Villa because I can't bring myself to predict them to win as I'm miserable about Liverpool who will win every game.'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why do they want to trash their own brand name like that? :crylaugh:

It's weird how they don't let their football experts Lawro and Crooks anywhere near TV any more.  Almost like they're just used for clickbait like any other web service.  They probably don't even really use them and just have some sort of football mongometer machine that churns out their utter drivel.

16 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's weird how they don't let their football experts Lawro and Crooks anywhere near TV any more.  Almost like they're just used for clickbait like any other web service.  They probably don't even really use them and just have some sort of football mongometer machine that churns out their utter drivel.

I've said it before but I'm 99% sure Crooks (or whoever does Crooks' column for him) are aware that people just laugh at his team of the week. I'm convinced the stupid mistakes he makes in it are deliberate just to keep it relevant

It's just embarrassing how bad the pair of them are. The BBC operates like an American university, where these guys have tenure and there's absolutely no way to ever get rid of them. Do they not have contracts that are ever up for renewal, or performance reviews?

I remember reading about a radio station that periodically used to sack all of its DJs, and then re-hire them if people wrote in and asked for them back. Let's get honest, literally no-one would be writing asking for Crooks or Lawrenson back.

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I've said it before but I'm 99% sure Crooks (or whoever does Crooks' column for him) are aware that people just laugh at his team of the week. I'm convinced the stupid mistakes he makes in it are deliberate just to keep it relevant

I'm sure his most recent team of week were defenders who scored goals.

Screenshot_20210302_175849.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I'm sure his most recent team of week were defenders who scored goals.

Screenshot_20210302_175849.jpg

Its a proper best 11 though, no centre forward or full backs then throws in a random diamond formation 😂

Edited by Zatman

Â