Media and punditry

BOF

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's weird because when Murphy first retired and starting doing punditry I thought he was alright.  Now he's just Lawro's heir as miserable ignorant tosspot and makes me want to put my foot through the TV.

I’m sure I remember him being tolerable, decent even, as a studio pundit. Then I heard him commentate a game and ever since then it’s like my eyes have been opened to how dreary he is.

At least Chris Sutton’s miserable nature has a slightly surly childish comedic element to it.

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m sure I remember him being tolerable, decent even, as a studio pundit. Then I heard him commentate a game and ever since then it’s like my eyes have been opened to how dreary he is.

At least Chris Sutton’s miserable nature has a slightly surly childish comedic element to it.

Not so sure about the Sutton bit, I even sided with Harry Redknapp against him on BT Score yesterday.  

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Not so sure about the Sutton bit, I even sided with Harry Redknapp against him on BT Score yesterday.  

Oh I dislike Sutton as well, don’t get me wrong. I remember a disagreement he had with Savage and I was actually on Robbie’s side. But Sutton’s not really taken seriously him being miserable is seen as his amusing trait, he’s kind of a joke pundit that never gets the big live match or MOTD.

Murphy is miserable as well, but he seems to be held in a higher regard.

Think I have seen 4 or 5 "experts" giving the opinion on Higuain. Each one was asked what was his strengths or what will he bring to Chelsea. Not one actually stated what his strengths are except he has scored goals for Sarri before

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think I have seen 4 or 5 "experts" giving the opinion on Higuain. Each one was asked what was his strengths or what will he bring to Chelsea. Not one actually stated what his strengths are except he has scored goals for Sarri before

To be fair under strengths you just need to put  'not Giroud or Morata' tbfh

MASSIVE OPINION: TREVOR FRANCIS RECKONS WORLD CUP WINNER PAUL POGBA WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING

Manchester United beat Arsenal 3-1 at the Emirates in the FA Cup on Friday night and Paul Pogba, without being imperious, played fairly well.

The Frenchman carried the ball well, picked some nice passes, maintained possession under pressure, fended off opponents, won important freekicks, wasted a bit of time hither and thither, shut down space in defence and generally did all the things that he’s paid so handsomely to do.

Anybody without an ill-conceived quasi-vendetta against him would have been at least satisfied with a robust if unspectacular performance, but not Trevor Francis, oh no.

After watching Pogba stride about the midfield from the confines of the BeIN Sport studio, Francis was unable to deviate from drab Sounessian miserablism.

"Pogba will never give you the opportunity of winning trophies or championships."

Speaking after the final whistle, Francis summoned the following bibble:

Pogba, for me, will never ever give you the opportunity of winning trophies or championships because I think he’s a luxury player.

He’s not a Mourinho player.

Pogba has won four Serie A titles, two Coppa Italias, the Europa League and the World Cup, among other things.

In fact, he’s already won more overall trophies than Francis did as a player and a manager combined.

Still spends too much time dying his hair and dabbing though, doesn’t he?

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/man_utd/281282/massive-opinion-trevor-francis-reckons-world-cup-winner-paul-pogba-will-never-win-anything.html

Seriously?!

Bildresultat för pogba world cup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Ruud nailed it.

What did he say? Without knowing I would say my opinion it's hugely unprofessional and shows how little commitment or passion he's going to bring to the job. 

Edited by villa89

Â