Media and punditry

BOF

1 hour ago, Upper north stander said:

Any one else enjoying the media w**k fest at white hart lane!!!!!

Not bothered to watch it but i did watch the car crash west 'aaam put on show when they left upton park. Total cringe. It was so bad that you just had to keep watching :D

• Like 1

I can only assume the BBC has themselves in a frenzy about Spurs fans taking the game back to the dark ages today when they entered the pitch at the final whistle.

I mean, anything less than that would be rank hypocrisy obviously. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The BBC football page really is utter tabloid, unsubstantiated trash nowadays. A selection of today's articles :

Antoine Griezmann: Man Utd cool interest after Zlatan Ibrahimovic injury

Champions League final: Is Gareth Bale finished at Real Mad

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger should sell "overindulged" star players Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil after agreeing to extend his stay at the club, says ex-defender Martin Keown.

Gareth Bale: Real Madrid forward a British great - Gary Lineker

Not to mention the numerous daily articles that hit the front page on women's football. Nobody gives a **** about it. That's why the games cost **** all and the stands are empty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Talk sport really is shocking to listen to, from Alan Brazil bragging about being an alcoholic, darren gough turning every conversation into cricket and then you have guests on the show, like ray parlour the other day who when asked about Arsenal signing lacazette said 

"he's a good player, but I don't know a lot about him cus I ain't seen him play"

I don't know why anyone would ever listen to it. I have listened to a grand total of about 10 minutes of that appalling station in my life. I have no intention of repeating that mistake. 

What's more, it seems that everyone who does listen to it always seems to be complaining about how poor it is yet they still get listeners. 

• 1 month later...

Garth Crooks on Lukaku

The Belgian's game reminds me of Didier Drogba the more I see him

No shit Garth! Earning your corn there sunshine. 

• Like 1

wow

its almost like no one, at all, not ever, made that comparison 6 years a go when chelsea first signed him...

and for what its worth i really dont think lukaku's game is like drogbas, its a lazy horrible comparison because he's a big bulky black man

• Like 3

On 8/14/2017 at 19:57, villa4europe said:

wow

its almost like no one, at all, not ever, made that comparison 6 years a go when chelsea first signed him...

and for what its worth i really dont think lukaku's game is like drogbas, its a lazy horrible comparison because he's a big bulky black man

and interestingly, a claim made by a black man

On 14/08/2017 at 19:57, villa4europe said:

wow

Agreed, they are nothing alike as footballers. Drogba was far more technically gifted, and able to bring people into the game. Just a really intelligent player and could be a dirty cheat too sometimes. Lukaku is more of an out and out striker, with deficiencys to his game, a bit more selfish and out for himself but will get you goals.

Ex Liverpool players in the media are a disgrace. They have a complete inability to call the club out for what it is. Liverpool is just one giant delusion in general, a mate of mine who supports them gets pissed off when legitimately top clubs in Europe sign their 'targets'. News flash, you are not in the same transfer market as the Madrid's of this world. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ex Liverpool players in the media are a disgrace. They have a complete inability to call the club out for what it is. Liverpool is just one giant delusion in general, a mate of mine who supports them gets pissed off when legitimately top clubs in Europe sign their 'targets'. News flash, you are not in the same transfer market as the Madrid's of this world. 

Liverpool is a cult

• Like 1

Â