Media and punditry

BOF

Ian Wright is an absolute idiot. Last night he said Salah gives him "Messi vibes". Not only is it something a 12 year old would say but when pressed on the comment he could only repeat it, offering no insight, no analysis, just that ridiculous statement. I don't think you will find as much of an intellectually vacuous punditry scene as the one in the UK. High time the likes of BBC, Sky and BT stop employing pundits simply because there used to play professional football.

• Like 1

Danny Murphy is the most arrogant and condescending prat I've ever listened to. I think he genuinely believes that if you aren't/weren't a professional footballer, you don't know what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Danny Murphy is the most arrogant and condescending prat I've ever listened to. I think he genuinely believes that if you aren't/weren't a professional footballer, you don't know what you're talking about.

He was good afew years ago but is now a bellend.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ian Wright is an absolute idiot. Last night he said Salah gives him "Messi vibes". Not only is it something a 12 year old would say but when pressed on the comment he could only repeat it, offering no insight, no analysis, just that ridiculous statement. I don't think you will find as much of an intellectually vacuous punditry scene as the one in the UK. High time the likes of BBC, Sky and BT stop employing pundits simply because there used to play professional football.

I didnt bother watching motd when i saw he was on it, an insufferable prick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

The irony being that Danny Murphy hasnt a clue what he is talking about ;)

I used to rate Murphy as a pundit but he’s quickly become one of more insufferable pundits on the beeb.

Agree with @Kuwabatake Sanjuro on Kilbane. I don’t think he’s particularly insightful but at least he comes across as being a decent bloke who enjoys his job.

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I used to rate Murphy as a pundit but he’s quickly become one of more insufferable pundits on the beeb.

Agree with @Kuwabatake Sanjuro on Kilbane. I don’t think he’s particularly insightful but at least he comes across as being a decent bloke who enjoys his job.

He is really good on Irish radio and tells good stories. A guy i have a lot of time for as while a limited player he made a good career from the game

Plus from meeting him he is a top guy

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Trevor Sinclair ditched by the BBC after he admitted drink driving, pissing in a police car and racially abusing a police officer. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

:crylaugh:

He does have some smashing bits of insight into the game:

"35% of black players are non white."

"Make no mistake, mistakes will be made."

"Football’s football. If that weren’t the case it wouldn’t be the game that it is."

"Having watched a replay, there’s absolutely no doubt; it’s inconclusive."

On 12/31/2017 at 14:54, av1 said:

Ray Houghton is still the king of that opinion.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has worked in punditry for about 20 years and yet I dont think he has ever said anything of interest

He was talking up James Morrison for an England call up few years back.

He'd played 20 times for Scotland at that point.

Â