Media and punditry

BOF

Paul Merson's predictions (http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/11128050/paul-mersons-predictions-arsenal-v-tottenham-hotspur-man-utd-v-newcastle-united-and-more):

'Crystal Palace v Everton

Big game. I think Everton have just got to make sure they do not lose, it is as simple as that. I think if they can come away and not lose, they will be alright.

But I think Palace have to win this football match as it will be another game gone where they have not won. They played well at Tottenham, but that is no good as they need points.

There is no point us all sitting here saying how well they played and they got no points. I think they would rather play shockingly on Saturday and win. But it is another of those games where I am finding it hard to pick a winner, so I will go for a draw as I do not think there will be a lot in it.'

You can see why he gets paid a lot can't you. 

On 11/4/2017 at 20:21, Jimzk5 said:

West ham v liverpool on talkshite, with stuart pearce on commentary, just said this about mohammed salah

"Ive never seen a player like him come to new country and play like he has tonight"

Stuart Pearce applied for manager of Finland's national team when they hired Hans Backe, how shit you have to be not to get hired by our national team :D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jarpie said:

Stuart Pearce applied for manager of Finland's national team when they hired Hans Backe, how shit you have to be not to get hired by our national team :D

Hasse Backe is an absolute moron, both as manager and as a pundit on TV.

I cringe every time he opens his mouth, an never ending stream of empty phrases. Thank McGrath for the mute button on the TV

• Haha 1

Unfortunately caught some of the Leicester game last night and again have to say that Jamie Carragher is probably the worst co-commentator of all. He seldom makes a good point and is extremely inarticulate. On top of that he kept bringing up his little 'beef' with Danny Simpson. Just an odious cretin. 

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Chris Sutton again showing he is a dickhead punditry who offers nothing and ignores actual points. what a rocket polisher

I think he's brilliant. I'd rather have somebody challenge the point than nod their head along oblivious to it all. 

For what it's worth I think they're both right. Celtic have a centre back crisis, which perhaps you're not aware of watching the clip?

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chris Sutton again showing he is a dickhead punditry who offers nothing and ignores actual points. what a rocket polisher

I wonder if he also contributes to the Steve Bruce thread on here in anyway? :ph34r:

He is not offering anything constructive but just going round and round in circles.

Obnoxious dick!

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

“I would suggest that Liverpool are every neutral supporters favourite team.”  

**** off Lawro

How can you be a neutral supporter? :D

With a favorite team :crylaugh:

Bildresultat för go sports simpsons

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Neville is one of those people that isn't very smart, and doesn't have particularly interest observations or insights, and is actually downright boring as ****. He believes though, if he talks a little bit more slowly and pronounces his words a little bit more purposefully, he is suddenly a football guru, a genius and thrilling entertainment.

...or am I thinking of Martin Keown?

...or maybe I am thinking of David James?

**** it, all three of them.

• Like 1

You know ive searched and searched but I can’t find the BBCs condemnation of the pitch invasion by Bristol fans last night ?

I also haven’t spotted the newspapers telling us we are going back to the dark days of football violence ?

And where on earth have the Authorities hidden details of the investigation ?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Dunno, ~I haven't disagreed with much he's said to be honest.

He is pretty much moaning that a team at the bottom of the table arent having a go at the most expensively assembled and in form team in Europe when they will get torn apart.

He wasnt this angry on commentary when United played the same tactic couple of weeks back and calling them disgraceful or an embarrassment to the Premier League

Â