Media and punditry

BOF

best podcast there is...double pivot...but its a couple of Americans doing stats / analytical  which i know a lot of people on this forum cant handle. But its unbiased and with stats + watching games they provide legit insight. (the voices can be annoying at first though as its geeky + american) 

I def recommend for whoever keep trying to use stats on the main forum to listen it and see the important stats to look out for

will tag    @DCJonah incase he ever wants to learn a thing or two

Edited by gharperr

47 minutes ago, gharperr said:

best podcast there is...double pivot...but its a couple of Americans doing stats / analytical  which i know a lot of people on this forum cant handle. But its unbiased and with stats + watching games they provide legit insight. (the voices can be annoying at first though as its geeky + american) 

I def recommend for whoever keep trying to use stats on the main forum to listen it and see the important stats to look out for

Thanks. 

Looks like you'll be able to go and explain things on a Burnley forum soon enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gharperr said:

If they talk as annoyingly as you type then it must be unbearable to listen to.

• Like 3

On way back from Ludlow earlier, put 5live on listening to hull Liverpool with Chris waddles  'commentary', he knew every Liverpool player but when it was hull all he could say was "the lad in the middle has done well there, won the ball and a good pass to the boy up front"

4 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

On way back from Ludlow earlier, put 5live on listening to hull Liverpool with Chris waddles  'commentary', he knew every Liverpool player but when it was hull all he could say was "the lad in the middle has done well there, won the ball and a good pass to the boy up front"

They're only interested in the top 6 clubs nowadays. It is becoming more and more blatant nowadays 

Why du pundits always say that fans are '"leaving in their droves and its not even half time "?  People aren't leaving,  they're going for a piss or to get food cos it's nearly half time. 

It's like they've never been a fan before.  

15 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

When it is your job is to sit and watch football and give 'expert' opinions on it, it is pretty unforgivable to not know all of the starting 11's of all premier league teams. Your average football mad 10 year old could probably name them FFS. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 04:53, DCJonah said:

Thanks. 

Looks like you'll be able to go and explain things on a Burnley forum soon enough. 

u wot m8?! surely things recently shown u chatting shit really with the team?

Edited by gharperr

On 4 February 2017 at 17:48, Jimzk5 said:

I was in Ludlow Saturday.... Spooky!!

I used to find it annoying how the BBC would relentlessly hype the FA Cup even though most managers were fielding weakened teams and barely trying. 

Now I find the smugness with which they dismiss every result as absolutely meaningless even more annoying. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I used to find it annoying how the BBC would relentlessly hype the FA Cup even though most managers were fielding weakened teams and barely trying. 

Now I find the smugness with which they dismiss every result as absolutely meaningless even more annoying. 

Ys you'd think they would be a bit more enthusiastic being as BBC has zero other live football to cover.

• Like 1

Working at home today so just listening to Ray Houghton on Talksport....he was going on about how much a better job Mourinho was doing this season compared to Wenger and claimed Man. United's recent form was much better.....Arsenal beat Hull 2-0 at the weekend.....Man. United drew with them 0-0 two weeks ago. Never studied the game they said....

Â