Media and punditry

BOF

7 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

"I've been disappointed with the set plays in this tournament so far"

Tony Pulis, ladies and gentleman 

only thing funnier if he said the football was too negative ;:p

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Awful from Thierry there... The reason the top players aren't firing the euros is because they aren't playing with their club mates... Yes Thierry that's international football for you.

In fairness it's a question that's often asked but nobody, at least on the punditry side, ever states the bleeding obvious.

A reporter asked Mats Hummels if the German defence is terrified of Will Grigg, then followed up with na na na na na na na. 

I was amused.

Dean Saunders... Gareth Bale looking best player in tournament by a mile... Um no... Yes fair play he's top scorer, but against England he did very little.. Modric and Iniesta have controlled the games.

Playing well, yes, best player by a mile no

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gharperr said:

bale did **** all in the two games i watched of him

quote of the tournament?. Really? its std punditry...jeez

Not standard punditry when Ian Wright and co are going doolally over England controlling possession. 

• Like 3

Dean Saunders dosen't have a clue as you can deduct from his managerial spells.

That's the thing for me, we all smile at some of the utter rubbish these experts say on panels, what makes you think they're not speaking like that in dressing rooms and confusing players when they're in managerial positions?

At least you can see Bilic has a clue and that was reflected in West Ham's good season last year.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, West said:

Not standard punditry when Ian Wright and co are going doolally over England controlling possession. 

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. 

oliver kahn has more insight into hart not having a wall than  " 'We shouldn't praise possesion against a team that did not want the ball ". Level of punditry has hit rock bottom across the globe if that quote is anywhere near worth a mention, let alone "quote of the tourny"

Edited by gharperr

7 hours ago, gharperr said:

oliver kahn has more insight into hart not having a wall than  " 'We shouldn't praise possesion against a team that did not want the ball ". Level of punditry has hit rock bottom across the globe if that quote is anywhere near worth a mention, let alone "quote of the tourny"

I think that's basically everybody else's conclusion. 

Â