Media and punditry

BOF

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Laursen must be an idiot then. ;)

The mistake wasn't just getting rid of Sherwood it was replacing him with Garde really. 

Nobody said Wright and Shearer are idiots because of that one opinion.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Nobody said Wright and Shearer are idiots because of that one opinion.

Ok either it was the way it was phrased or i interpreted it wrongly. Guess its the later. 

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

what I hear from the pundits view is that Sherwood wasnt doing a great job but replacing him with Garde was a terrible idea. thats what Boateng said and heard others say before

Then they need to stop saying it was wrong to sack Sherwood, if their best argument is we replaced him with the wrong person. 

I don't even understand this. Is there a single other club in the division that wouldn't sack the manager after getting 4 points from the opening 10 or 11 games? 

In hindsight, the only thing wrong with sacking Sherwood was that we didn't do it at the end of last season.

It would have been ludicrous to do it then, hence the hindsight, but I think we'd have had more of a chance this season with a real manager in charge.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

In hindsight, the only thing wrong with sacking Sherwood was that we didn't do it at the end of last season.

It would have been ludicrous to do it then, hence the hindsight, but I think we'd have had more of a chance this season with a real manager in charge.

Or, if we'd just hired a proper manager last February then he could have kept us up, had a productive summer, built a decent squad with the £60m or so available and we'd now be sitting happily in ninth place.

Waiting to bring Benteke back from Liverpool for £15m ready for our Leicester-style assault at the league title next year.

Anyone think Higginbotham is a decent pundit? I always enjoy reading his Saturday column for the I and he's a regular co-commentator now on many games so wonder if he might rise up the Sky pecking order maybe for the Monday night gig although he obviously dosen't have the playing status the others have.

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Anyone think Higginbotham is a decent pundit? I always enjoy reading his Saturday column for the I and he's a regular co-commentator now on many games so wonder if he might rise up the Sky pecking order maybe for the Monday night gig although he obviously dosen't have the playing status the others have.

Im sure he did the Villa match last weekend and he had a mare. Richardson is known for that cannon of a left foot is still my particular favourite and also Westwood has particularly good delivery from set pieces

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie Carragher taking the moral high ground over Fellaini, saying he hopes he never plays in the Premier Legaue again.

Are you **** kidding me? Says a man who hurled a coin back into the crowd?

an excerpt from Jamie Saint Carra's autobiography:

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. “You won’t believe this, Jay. We’re in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?”

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? “There’s only one problem,” added the voice. “Little Davey Thommo is with him.”

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he’d have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason cundy on talkshite had Liverpool fans phoning in droves this afternoon after he said he was glad they lost last night. Exceptional winding up

Guess he's media/pundit now so here's as good a place as any.

Ginola is in hospital in monaco after collapsing playing a kickabout game today as part of a charity golf event. Early reports were heart attack/cardiac arrest but subsequent reports suggest he may have just passed out.

Stable but undergoing further tests at monaco cardiac unit.

Best wishes fella

Sky Sports News coverage of Mourinho's appointment is embarrassing.  Is like they have thrown any pretense  about integrity or balance out the window and have just decided to talk about Mourinho for 2-3 days.  Are they all Man Utd fans or something.  Let us know when you're done you juvenile clearings in the woods!  rant over.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Sky Sports News coverage of Mourinho's appointment is embarrassing.  Is like they have thrown any pretense  about integrity or balance out the window and have just decided to talk about Mourinho for 2-3 days.  Are they all Man Utd fans or something.  Let us know when you're done you juvenile clearings in the woods!  rant over.

got home last night and it was A day in the life of Jose Mourinho. detailed examination into what was in his plastic bag which was wine and when and how he would drink it 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

got home last night and it was A day in the life of Jose Mourinho. detailed examination into what was in his plastic bag which was wine and when and how he would drink it 

I saw that as well - it's pathetic, standing on street corners telling us about his "movements"

Edited by Gary Thomas

Â