Media and punditry

BOF

Much much much much rather have people ignore us totally.

Perfectly happy with us under the radar.

Leave pressure off the players. Unai will put the right amount on them. We've shown we've got the ability to time the huge performances.

• Like 3

Manager of the year.......even an idiot couldn't argue against Emery he's miles ahead of anyone else.

This time last year we was 12th on 18 points. We are now 2nd on 42 points. It's an outstanding performance,  one that's probably unmatched in the modern game ( maybe Leicester?)

Any pundit with half a brain cell can only call it for Emery, there's just no one even close to him and us for improvements over the last 12 months.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Effing state of that 'team of the season so far' from Carragher and Neville

I thought that.

Neville at least had Luiz in his team of the year, until 6pm tonight...

Both agreed Unai is Manager of the year so far though.

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I thought that.

Neville at least had Luiz in his team of the year, until 6pm tonight...

Both agreed Unai is Manager of the year so far though.

There's no way you can argue anything other, to be 2nd is staggering.

Cant believe anybody is even taking Neville serious, Garth Crooks has more credibility than that donkey

Look at his pre-season predictions and I doubt he put Onana in for entertainment

14 hours ago, tinker said:

Manager of the year.......even an idiot couldn't argue against Emery he's miles ahead of anyone else.

This time last year we was 12th on 18 points. We are now 2nd on 42 points. It's an outstanding performance,  one that's probably unmatched in the modern game ( maybe Leicester?)

Any pundit with half a brain cell can only call it for Emery, there's just no one even close to him and us for improvements over the last 12 months.

Manager of the season will go to Guardiola however. 100%. 

I mean, surely winning the league with a team bought for billions (against the rules) and then pumping them with PEDs deserves to be given the top award and thats exactly what will happen.

If by some miracle it Man City lose the title to Liverpool then Klopp will get it.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

Watched the clip of the Gary Neville podcast on YT where he’s going around the houses talking about Liverpool having a chance of winning the league. Couldn’t pay attention to what he was saying because George Michael’s “Careless Whisper” blaring out of the PA system at Anfield. 

I tuned back into what Neville was saying and realised I’d not missed much.

14 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Effing state of that 'team of the season so far' from Carragher and Neville

For people who haven't seen it

dn9116equ0ac1.png?width=1024&format=png&

prfgny6qu0ac1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I'd be tempted to have Watkins instead of Bowen (but you have to have Haaland really) and Luiz in for Palmer or Rice.

Haven't watched Spurs enough to see what Udogie is like who is the other potentially weak name who jumps out at me.

I have a habit of only seeming to watch Liverpool when TAA and Van Dijk have horror shows but with 18 goals conceded they're probably doing something right.

Similarly to our POTS though, I'm struggling though because we're just an all-round brilliant unit with no stand-out star.

Edited by Davkaus

Teams of the season so far are always a bit weird - I'm surprised many people care.  Neville and Carragher mostly commentate on "big team" games because they're the most televised, so it's not surprising that the teams are "big team" heavy.

There's also quite obvious flaws.  I think Vicario is a fair enough call from Carragher because he's done a heck of a lot of defensive lifting in that Spurs side... but then how do you have Udogie in there?  Their defence is worse than Everton's.  Bowen is a fair enough call, but I don't see how he gets in there ahead of Watkins or Solanke who is on absolute fire and completely pivotal to Bournemouth.  Kaminski at Luton has kept them in games and they've (not yet) been the absolute whipping boys that most people expected.  At this stage last season (20 games), Arsenal had scored 47 and conceded 17.  At the moment, they've scored 37 and conceded 20.  Rice as one of the players of the season?

@Davkaus is right in that we're much, much more of an "effective unit" than having 1 or 2 amazing players who carry the side, so not massively surprised to see no Villa players there (although, personally, think Watkins should be ahead of Bowen).

• Like 1

I like the fact that we aren't hyped up personally, if you are then the inevitable thing is to get knocked back down at every opportunity if things did go a bit downhill.  The less we are talked about especially by those clearings in the woods on things like Saturday Social, the better.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I like the fact that we aren't hyped up personally, if you are then the inevitable thing is to get knocked back down at every opportunity if things did go a bit downhill.  The less we are talked about especially by those clearings in the woods on things like Saturday Social, the better.

They will start to talk about us if we nosedive down the table. Things like, flash in the pan, punching above their weight etc. Sky cant wait for us to slip up, scum! 

They just want their scummy 6 hogging the top spots. 

• Like 1

Teams of the year by carragher and Neville are a joke. Palmer ffs. Rice over Kamara? Bowen over Watkins when he doesn't even play that position. Luiz not in either.  Martinez not a mention.  

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cant believe anybody is even taking Neville serious, Garth Crooks has more credibility than that donkey

Look at his pre-season predictions and I doubt he put Onana in for entertainment

In fairness Neville had villa in the top 6. I don't think anybody expected us to be where we are now.

29 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Teams of the year by carragher and Neville are a joke. Palmer ffs. Rice over Kamara? Bowen over Watkins when he doesn't even play that position. Luiz not in either.  Martinez not a mention.  

Doug made the collective Soccer Saturday one and Martinez got chosen by Sue Smith.  McGinn got some mentions too.  They did spell it Douglas Luis though and Merson said you can't pick him alongside Rice, ignoring the fact that Doug has been playing alongside a defensive midfielder all season and a big part of why he has been so good.

Â