Media and punditry

BOF

On 05/12/2023 at 06:48, Xela said:

Let me stop you there. The commentary equivalent of a dripping knob. 

On 05/12/2023 at 06:49, Xela said:

left wing commies. 

You're on fire 😂. Like and subscribe for more content. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Thanks 1

Could the MOTD commentator have been any more downbeat and begrudging about us?. He's one of the worst for getting over excited about a big club getting chances. 

Pretty much every move  by us and the goal was spoken about in a quiet matter of fact way. Boils my piss. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Could the MOTD commentator have been any more downbeat and begrudging about us?. He's one of the worst for getting over excited about a big club getting chances. 

Pretty much every move  by us and the goal was spoken about in a quiet matter of fact way. Boils my piss. 

Switched over to BBC after listening to O’Neill for a bit, and we were on first and coverage was less than ten minutes (actually missed most of it).

Utter jokers.

I watched it on sky last night, not sure who the co Commentator was (main was Tyler) 

He was pretty good, not only talked well about us and called the game for what it was but sounded like he actually saw us before talked positively about the high line because we look so well coached and that it catches everyone out, that we were pressing brilliantly, that the crowd were on one and fairly that we were a better final ball away from being out of sight 

• Like 1

The pundit team on Prime were very uninspiring. Eni Aluko and Martin O’Neill both had nothing interesting to say, no real analysis beyond the superficial observations. Gael Clichy was slightly better but that’s not difficult. 

There has been plenty of praise for Villa’s performance which we can’t complain about though, it’s just that we as avid followers are wanting something a bit more detailed and insightful. You’ve got to look online for that, TV coverage is generally poor, and probably because it’s aimed at the casual observer. 

• Like 1

Talkshite would be spending the first hour at least gushing if Man City had won last night. Instead, about 5 minutes of which about 2 minutes were saying well done VIlla through gritted teeth. The sheer distain that we won is blatant.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

The pundit team on Prime were very uninspiring. Eni Aluko and Martin O’Neill both had nothing interesting to say, no real analysis beyond the superficial observations. Gael Clichy was slightly better but that’s not difficult. 

There has been plenty of praise for Villa’s performance which we can’t complain about though, it’s just that we as avid followers are wanting something a bit more detailed and insightful. You’ve got to look online for that, TV coverage is generally poor, and probably because it’s aimed at the casual observer. 

At least the stats are doing the work, social media has a few journos happily saying they've never seen any team do that to pep 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On a completely coincidental note, I enjoyed Eni Aluko telling us how well Villa had done to go direct against Man City.

I don't think we went direct at any point during the game

Also said, Haaland should have headed the ball down for the shot on goal Emi saved. 😆

On another note, I've been listening all day what the problem with Man City is, not how good the Villa was. They are on 30 points, 32 points this time last season, they ain't far off, there's no big drama really, just got out played yesterday.

• Like 2

Â