Media and punditry

BOF

Not sure who the UK had commentating tonight's game, but down under we had Tony Gale on co-comms again. **** me, hasn't he changed his tune since the West Ham game... 

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

Not sure who the UK had commentating tonight's game, but down under we had Tony Gale on co-comms again. **** me, hasn't he changed his tune since the West Ham game... 

Thought the same thing....any Leicester fans watching the coverage abroad would have been fuming.... 

• Like 1

For the Chelsea game, the commentators made a big deal of five away goals in a row for Ollie.

Did not mention six away goals in a row in the Leicester game ... strange.

I watch Villa of Fubo, they seem to hide who the commentators are ... Any Cannucks know where the commentators are highlighted?

Can’t think how many times I’ve watched a chelsea vs Liverpool match and been bored to death. And they are also largely uninspiring in Europe the only enjoyment I get out of watching the English scum 6 in the champions league is when they get battered. Obviously I’d love Villa in a European competition but if a team like Brighton who play far more entertaining football than Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool got into the champions league I’d be far more interested in their matches than the scum 6.

Before the champions league European fixtures were special because they were rare. A game between 2 big names only happened in the late stages of the comp if at all. Now they're relatively commonplace.... There's nothing special about them any more.

• Like 3

Just now, maqroll said:

I think this’ll be their way of preventing/dissuading premier league teams joining the European superduper league (and to keep all the money from broadcasting and the advertising revenue from it) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I think this’ll be their way of preventing/dissuading premier league teams joining the European superduper league (and to keep all the money from broadcasting and the advertising revenue from it) 

A smart move anyway you look at it if they can pull it off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Smart move but I hate to think how much they'll charge for it once they have their own monopoly. 

I could easily see them demand £100 a month to watch all the games or even more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Its smart and will probably kill both Sky and BT Sport at same time

Issue is the 3pm TV kick off issue the government have to remove unless games start at different times

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

20 years too late, amazed they didn't put the infrastructure in before, it's a no brainer

Would also expect them to come up with a PL version of NFL films and that they would own all the highlights, commercials, documentaries etc etc tons of non game PL content

The interesting thing would be that if they did put the infrastructure in place they could just own the filming / production and then get sky et Al to distribute it, a model similar to the world cup and not that different to what they do now

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â