Media and punditry

BOF

23 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

F365 is gutter press for years now, I think they were bought out by sky a few years ago. About ten years ago it was a good site but those days are long long gone. 

• Like 2

On 15/04/2023 at 20:52, GlobalVillan said:

https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-ollie-watkins-villa-resist-big-six-transfer-ceiling-unai-emery-not-yet-view

They have absolutely no idea what we are building do they?

They've finally noticed us and now they are touting our players to the scum 6.

They are in for a shock.

It's a hugely positive article, you're seeing something that isn't there.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

It's a hugely positive article, you're seeing something that isn't there.

Saying that we are relying on Daniel Levy being able to keep Kane so that Watkins doesn't go there is patronising as f***. We are in the top 6, have great and ambitious owners and are a club on the up.

We are more than capable of holding on to players nowadays and there are many reasons why we wouldn't even have to try.

Players love it at the Villa these days. It's an exciting time.

That article belittles all that. As they always do. 

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

F365 is gutter press for years now, I think they were bought out by sky a few years ago. About ten years ago it was a good site but those days are long long gone. 

Mediawatch was always the best part but them calling out tabloids and doing same journalism is laughable

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Quite like Onuoha (on MOTD2 now).

I think he's great! He's usually on 5 Live most of the day on Sundays, and sometimes in the evening on Mondays and/or Fridays, and he's by far the best value-added. Really thoughtful guy IMO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think he's great! He's usually on 5 Live most of the day on Sundays, and sometimes in the evening on Mondays and/or Fridays, and he's by far the best value-added. Really thoughtful guy IMO. 

Yeah he is! I remember during his playing career there was something about him having an extremely high IQ.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yeah its been shite for a long time now. Forgotten it still exists. It seems very out of date in a 2006 kind of way.

Why is it do you think that the meeja are so keen to wax lyrical about teams like Leeds and Newcastle? They're always desperate for them to do well so they can fawn over them. 

Yet they always treat us with such disdain? 

What is it about us? 

We SHOULD be a club to root for.  One of the oldest clubs in English Football, the original super power, inventors of the football league. Former European Champions.  I don't understand why they are always so positive about those clubs in particular but are happy to at best ignore us at worst try to paint us in a negative light at every opportunity. 

Why? 

15 of the first 20 minutes are about Villa dismantling Newcastle.   It's overwhelmingly positive if the children who can't handle any negativity whatsoever need a content warning. 

Â