September Optimism Gauge

maqroll

Shorey, Sidwell, Harewood, Davies, Warnock, Cuellar, Delph, Heskey

Tens of millions frittered away by MON

That's why he's to blame

But the likes of Milner, Downing, Young also doubled in value

your use of "the likes of" suggests that there were more than those players who doubled in value. there were not. that was it

That's why he's to blame

thats almost 50mill on those players

and who played a significant role?

Warnock,Cuellar,Heskey

awful waste

That's without factoring in wages

Add that in youre closer to £100m on garbage

It's tough to gauge really because we no little of any of our players. Added to that 2 losses it's hard to be truly optimistic. I think it will take time to get this team clicking, do we have that time? Well Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal haven't looked much better, but people know they have quality.

So I'm 50/50, it's exciting not nessaseraly for the right reasons.

I'm optimistic, i trust Lambert and his signings to date have been solid. It might be a bumpy ride in the short term but we're in much better shape than we have been for the past couple of seasons.

I only hope none of the pessimism evident on here infects the matchday atmosphere. The team is young and will need the backing of the crowd. Booing players off at half time is a shocking indictment of the modern day fan who expects short term results.

That's why he's to blame

If you own a business and then stand aside believing that you never have to have a business structure in place or control measures with regards to expenditure or income, your f**ked. Giving MON, who is a football coach as far as I'm aware, like giving a child a £10 note for sweets, saying"get what you want", and then moaning when they spend the lot. MON isn't a business manager an accountant and to continually blame him for finances is quite frankly retarded.

What he is to blame for though is he's to blame for bringing in many shit players on good contracts, one dimensional football and pissing off at a crap time, however I would also guess that the reason he did go was because one day he went in to the office said I need this player, whoever was supposed to be doing their job said "F**k MON I've just checked the account, I didn't realise we are skint and your gonna have to sell someone". The rest is history.

The facts are the board didn't have a plan or structure in place and are now trying to sort out the mess they created by cutting back on all wasteful expenditure to try and stabilise the business they not MON haven't managed properly.

Whilst bringing in the dross he also shipped out some of the better kids who today would be in our team - Cahill Whittingham Gardner Ridgwell

Terrible manager overall

The Cahill out and Zat Knight in was the deal that baffled me.

Agree if we go down it won't be because of lambert and we should stick with him regardless

If we go down it won't be because of Lambert?

How do you work that one out? He's practically purchased a new team and it will be his team who either sink or swim with the tactics he employs.

It will very much be Lambert's fault if we're relegated especially when the chairman was going to back him in bringing more experienced players to the club. Lambert has been quoted in today's Mirror stating as such.

I'm optimistic, i trust Lambert and his signings to date have been solid. It might be a bumpy ride in the short term but we're in much better shape than we have been for the past couple of seasons.

I only hope none of the pessimism evident on here infects the matchday atmosphere. The team is young and will need the backing of the crowd. Booing players off at half time is a shocking indictment of the modern day fan who expects short term results.

Why do you trust Lambert?

Whilst bringing in the dross he also shipped out some of the better kids who today would be in our team - Cahill Whittingham Gardner Ridgwell

Terrible manager overall

The Cahill out and Zat Knight in was the deal that baffled me.

What's worse is that Zat Knight was a panic buy while the Baggies were mugging us 10m quid for Curtis Davies!

Optimism after watching Albion just and then looking through their team and where all the players have been brought from and the amounts, it shows Lamberts philosophy can come through, it probably wont be this season or maybe next but lets give the guy a chance. This isn't a quick turn around but i think he is the man for the job and the right way to do it build a foundation and build upon this. We have shipped out the majority of the wasters and lets get the morale going. The only problem is we have to get behind them good or bad.

Terrible manager overall

Cahill's the only good player out of that - Gardner is a lower to midtable midfielder, Ridgewell's pretty crap and Whittingham is proven in The Championship and that's it - nobody better has wanted to take a punt on him.

I'm just pleased that we seem to have learnt from our mistakes. Lerner has given some decent funds and Lambert hasn't just blown it on the likes of which we've blown it before. I'm not expecting miracles but I see this as just part 1 of the recovery. Hopefully we'll show some heart in the first half of the season, before becoming stronger in the New Year, giving us some momentum going into the summer where I think we'll really start to kick on. Good luck to the lads anyway and I hope they hold their nerve.

In fact, a comparison to AJ when Man City bought him would be Peter Whittingham. Played in the prem to minimal effect but excelled in the Championship, but you wouldn't want PW.

Judging someone purely on where they've come from without seeing them play for AVFC is doing them a huge disservice.

What a ridiculous and terrible comparison.

Peter whittingham dropped down to the championship because he was shit.

Adam Johnson dropped down with his club at the start of his career. Adam Johnson was also one of the hottest prospects in the country hence Man city signing him and Chelsea showing big interest.

I see people say that they are optimistic and we've had a good window but there also the attitude of "If we stay up" and "If we can survive"

If the window was so good surely relegation wouldn't be a concern.

Do you agree it was the managers choice to spend the money this way i.e. a lot of unproven young players rather than a few experienced players?

So he should be held responsible for the season rather than the owner?

I see people say that they are optimistic and we've had a good window but there also the attitude of "If we stay up" and "If we can survive"

If the window was so good surely relegation wouldn't be a concern.

Do you agree it was the managers choice to spend the money this way i.e. a lot of unproven young players rather than a few experienced players?

So he should be held responsible for the season rather than the owner?

We won't pay the wages for the big players so we had to splash it out on lower league nobodies in a scatter gun approach.

Â