September Optimism Gauge

maqroll

Did I say I wouldn't praise the manager?

If the signings are a roaring success, it would mean we are doing very well and i think both would deserve praise and credit.

I think the strange thing is your inability to understand the question you asked and the response i gave while trying to make me look silly.

And yet if the signings don't work out it seems you will be blaming Randy exclusively.

I just don't understand why there is still so much negativity?

We've signed players, 8 of them, and I feel that a lot of them are being written off before they've even kicked a ball just because they have not come in from another Premier League club.

I think the Dempsey deal was actually quite telling; Lambert does not want anyone at the club that is not 100% committed to the cause. We've had too many players that were simply here to pick up a cushy wage every week, and it's refreshing to see hungry players coming into the club.

I think one thing that any of our fans with doubts need to consider is that PL is as ambitious a manager as we've had in the last 30 years, and he would not jepordize his managerial future bringing in players that he did not believe could do a job for our team, and help take the club forward.

We've got the right man in charge, and we are doing things the right ways this time. As good as the MON era was, because of the wage bill it was always built on sand - I feel this era has much firmer foundations for success.

So Incognito has been tweeting again - It reads from bottom to top:

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Success is a journey, & now's the time for all of us as a club 2 come 2gether allowing Paul & the team 2 achieve his high goals. #avfc

2m INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

The path we have taken is fresh & full of young, hungry & vibrant talent.Paul has his philosophy in place which we endorse completely.#avfc

The best route is very rarely the easy route. If you find something too easy to do, its not worth doing. #avfc

3m INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

It is better to go down a path with obstacles as you begin to learn and develop experience from working harder to get through things. #avfc

Also an interesting tweet from Agent_ITK, known to be one of the "best ITK's" on twitter:

"Here is the big announcement to all 35,000 followers that I have on here.

How many ITK calls did I get right? A hell of a lot more than I got wrong that is for sure! It is finally time for me to leave you all. I started this account to prove that ANYBODY could be an ITK and I could if I so wish get 10s of thousands of followers.

I was proved to be right.

I am somebody who decided to show the Spurs forum I frequent that anybody could be an ITK and could easily fool the public, much to my amusement it was easier than I thought.

What I didn't realise is that I would be used as a "source" for The BBC, Talksport, LBC, Radio London, The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star, Sky Sports News and even The Independent. I was even mentioned on TV channels in Ireland, Australia, Spain and Fox in the USA.

I am not an ITK yet as some of you will no doubt say you released you still followed, like sheep being led to the slaughter. My every word was hung on and retweeted and retweeted, only getting the arse when the news I was telling you wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Some of the abuse that I have put up with is shocking, although it is always mainly from numptys will a small cock who are probably afraid to go out after dark.

I have left many hints over the last year of what I was doing, yet about 3 of you ever clocked this.

I will not apologise, as I was proved right anybody as usual! Anbody can call themselves ITK and get away with it. Within 4 weeks of starting this account I had 5,000 followers! SHEEP, baaaa, baaaa.

If I was you I would unfollow @backpage, anybody with "mole" in their name, @FouthOfficial_ is a complete fraud, @POTL, @JJetset, @AFCAMDEN, basically anybody that is telling you things that THEY think you want to hear!

Good Luck to you all, I think you'll need it. Baaa, baaaa..."

Looks like 35,000 have been fed lies. I knew he was chatting shit when he was deleting tweets he'd got wrong. Nonetheless, what a prick.

There ain't nowt querer than folk.... I suppose it takes all sorts....

Hahaha, What a small minded loser that guy (and any like him) is, he is right anyone could do it.

One of the many reasons I don't believe a word of any ITK's are claiming, anyone can make shit up and have people follow because they want it to be true.

Hopefully this will be a lesson for anyone who follows these losers, they are just taking the piss out of you.

Whoops!

came here thinking there might be a sensible discussion going on but found the usual childish anti-MON frothing in full flow.

Another thread ****...:?

Why are people not allowed to even mention him?
There's a thread in "other football" where people can post their silly stuff about him. How on earth does he get into a 2012 thread about Villa called "September optimism gauge"? :confused:

So Incognito has been tweeting again - It reads from bottom to top:

INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

Success is a journey, & now's the time for all of us as a club 2 come 2gether allowing Paul & the team 2 achieve his high goals. #avfc

The path we have taken is fresh & full of young, hungry & vibrant talent.Paul has his philosophy in place which we endorse completely.#avfc

The best route is very rarely the easy route. If you find something too easy to do, its not worth doing. #avfc

3m INCOGNITO AVFC ‏@INCOGNITOAVFC

It is better to go down a path with obstacles as you begin to learn and develop experience from working harder to get through things. #avfc

Also an interesting tweet from Agent_ITK, known to be one of the "best ITK's" on twitter:

"Here is the big announcement to all 35,000 followers that I have on here.

How many ITK calls did I get right? A hell of a lot more than I got wrong that is for sure! It is finally time for me to leave you all. I started this account to prove that ANYBODY could be an ITK and I could if I so wish get 10s of thousands of followers.

I was proved to be right.

I am somebody who decided to show the Spurs forum I frequent that anybody could be an ITK and could easily fool the public, much to my amusement it was easier than I thought.

What I didn't realise is that I would be used as a "source" for The BBC, Talksport, LBC, Radio London, The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star, Sky Sports News and even The Independent. I was even mentioned on TV channels in Ireland, Australia, Spain and Fox in the USA.

I am not an ITK yet as some of you will no doubt say you released you still followed, like sheep being led to the slaughter. My every word was hung on and retweeted and retweeted, only getting the arse when the news I was telling you wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Some of the abuse that I have put up with is shocking, although it is always mainly from numptys will a small cock who are probably afraid to go out after dark.

I have left many hints over the last year of what I was doing, yet about 3 of you ever clocked this.

I will not apologise, as I was proved right anybody as usual! Anbody can call themselves ITK and get away with it. Within 4 weeks of starting this account I had 5,000 followers! SHEEP, baaaa, baaaa.

If I was you I would unfollow @backpage, anybody with "mole" in their name, @FouthOfficial_ is a complete fraud, @POTL, @JJetset, @AFCAMDEN, basically anybody that is telling you things that THEY think you want to hear!

Good Luck to you all, I think you'll need it. Baaa, baaaa..."

Looks like 35,000 have been fed lies. I knew he was chatting shit when he was deleting tweets he'd got wrong. Nonetheless, what a prick.

Just a few days before Agent_ITK posted that. This got posted.

2quspd0.jpg

big john: can you show us on the doll where randy touched you?

in other news, the last time we lost 4 on the bounce at the start of the season we qualified for the uefa cup in 7th on 57 points (1997-1998).

not saying we'll get 7th. but i think we'll be more than fine this season, and next season will be better still :D

Bloody hell, is it the anxiety of knowing its back to school tomorrow that's affecting a few people's moods? Or is it the impending game later?

Anyway, let's get behind lambert, many on here were elated when he got the job so start getting behind him now !!

in other news, the last time we lost 4 on the bounce at the start of the season we qualified for the uefa cup in 7th on 57 points (1997-1998).

not saying we'll get 7th. but i think we'll be more than fine this season, and next season will be better still :D

The season you are talking about I think we changed the manager, took on Gregory and went on an amazing run?

The season you are talking about I think we changed the manager, took on Gregory and went on an amazing run?

yeah gregory after christmas sometime, staunton, southgate, yorke, collymore, bosnich, ehiogu, townsend...

Whoops!

came here thinking there might be a sensible discussion going on but found the usual childish anti-MON frothing in full flow.

Another thread ****...:?

Why are people not allowed to even mention him?
There's a thread in "other football" where people can post their silly stuff about him. How on earth does he get into a 2012 thread about Villa called "September optimism gauge"? :confused:
Because he was once our manager not too long ago? When having general discussions about Villa he will inevitably come up given the mark he made on the club. Past managers like McLeish and Houllier are also frequently brought up but I've never seen you complain about that. You're just going to have to accept that his name will pop up from time to time. If somebody doesn't like him then that's just their opinion. Certainly no need to get so offended.

Bloody hell, is it the anxiety of knowing its back to school tomorrow that's affecting a few people's moods? Or is it the impending game later?

Anyway, let's get behind lambert, many on here were elated when he got the job so start getting behind him now !!

I was in the minority who, lets say, was less than elated at Lambert's appointment.

I felt that although he did very well with Norwich, he still had a lot to prove and i still feel that way. Consequently, i still get a little hot under the collar when i keep seeing the 'in Lambert we trust comments' when quite frankly, he has done nothing yet to justify those comments at our club! Just being our manager should not be deserving of our trust in him! I can understand when such comments are made by Man U, Man City and even Everton fans but Lambert has not yet earned that trust although I do however admire his dogmatic approach to transfers since he has been here so i will judge him on how our new team performs this season and where we eventually finish. Only then will i be able to trust him if we are moving forward as a club.

I was the same, I didn't think lambert had done anything to get the villa job (or Martinez or Rodgers)

, but he's here now and I'm backing him 110%.

Agreed, we had reasons NOT to back he who shall not be named - Lambert on the other hand has a decent record, albeit a little short in length, and he is our manager now, meaning we need to get behind him fully and hope for the best.

Nice to see we are setting up lambert for the blame if things go wrong.

Well if Randy was willing to back Lambert more than Lambert wanted then how is that Randy's fault? If Lambert chose not to spend money made available, what exactly are you blaming Randy for?

We already get behind him by supporting the team but should our trust in Lambert be absolute when he has done nothing yet to earn it?

Still completely on the fence with Lambert but sincerely hope that by the end of the season i am a complete convert?

Lambert has identified the main problem at our club: The culture among the players

How will he do best to create the team and culture he wants to when given 20 mill?

1) Buy Dempsey and Adam Johnsen

2) Buy 8 players that he feels both have the quality to play a part at Aston Villa and will be able do to a good job in the system he is planning to set the team up to play

I think he is spot on, and I think that 5 of his players will do just fine. Strangely enogh, I think that the biggest hit will be Westwood.

Â