September Optimism Gauge

maqroll

Cautiously optimistic for the season, although not really based ont he newcastle result...

watched the newcastle game in a pub in Singapore that is the home of the Newcastle supporters club - only place i could find not showing the man u southhampton game... listening to their fans brought out how poor newcastle were on the game, whether due to us forcing the errors or not. I don't think anyone has seen anything from Newcastle this year, to suggest that they will continue to perform as they did last season, and their supporters seemed to agree with that view...

not arguing that we weren't much better than the first two games, but needs to be put into context. Personally, I also feel that there is a big difference between drawing and winning games at premier league level. As dire as last season was, we were pretty good at drawing games (in fact, IIRC, better than anyone else)...

What PL needs to do is get his first win under his belt, then his second and then I'll feel more comfortable that we are a club that has finally remembered how to win a game...

As soon as we can shift Hutton out on loan

We are never going to have a team picture again then.

We'll have to make sure they stand out of shot.

"To the side Alan...bit more...bit further...keep going...you too Stephen...not you Ireland...or you Enda, we're talking first names...you Warnock...wider, mate...."

I think Hercules should be in the team photo, too.

Â