Ashley Westwood

Nabby

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's daft to expect everyone to post lovely positive comments and suppress opinions because we've taken on an oasis song as an anthem. 

Even though this is silly and nobody suggested it, it still makes a hell of a lot more sense than booing him while we're winning (in the games and in general) and he's not put a foot wrong.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Even though this is silly and nobody suggested it, it still makes a hell of a lot more sense than booing him while we're winning (in the games and in general) and he's not put a foot wrong.

Who said he should be booed or that booing him makes sense? 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

You said he deserves negativity because he has been poor for us.

You can deny it all you like but it clearly reads that you're facilitating and justifying the booing.

Haha. Ridiculous. I'll leave this particular discussion here now you've taken it to this level. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Haha. Ridiculous. I'll leave this particular discussion here now you've taken it to this level. 

Well hardly.

When you start saying things like 'he deserves all the negativity he gets' in a discussion about him being booed, it hasn't hard to see how people will interpret your post.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Unless the player has been a very poor player for us. Then he deserves all the criticism he gets ;)

This strawman thing is easy.

I just think going to the game in person and cheering the team on whilst booing a member of said team is pretty counterproductive.

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

I might be misinterpreting you, but you said he deserves all the negativity he gets.

In response to blandys post towards me. Discussing my criticism of him on this website. I've said the booing was by idiots, I've said it's not right. 

Read the whole post, it might have actually helped. 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Well hardly.

When you start saying things like 'he deserves all the negativity he gets' in a discussion about him being booed, it hasn't hard to see how people will interpret your post.

It is when you choose to ignore quote blatant comments that dont suit your argument. Well done. 

1 hour ago, blandy said:

It's just kind of a shame for me and you that we are like that. Particularly with football and our team, because howling our negativity at someone, especially on our team kind of spoils or takes away from enjoying the game. More so when it's before the player's even entered onto the pitch.

57 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But overall he deserves the negativity towards him because he's been a very poor player for us. 

Hearing that a few idiots booed him yesterday did not take away from my enjoyment of us winning another game under Bruce. 

That passage of posts doesn't show you're condemning the booing.

For me, it says you think he deserves it.

Your only condemnation of the booing is calling people idiots in a comment about how the booing doesn't bother you. It's hardly a damning condemnation is it?

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It is when you choose to ignore quote blatant comments that dont suit your argument. Well done. 

Hey I'm not the one saying a Villa player deserves negativity before he's even stepped foot on the pitch. So I'll take the well done as sincere. Thank you :)

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I just think going to the game in person and cheering the team on whilst booing a member of said team is pretty counterproductive.

I agree. My comment wasn't aimed at you. :)

22 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Booed coming on again

This is beyond pathetic now. We were 2-1 up when he came on.

I am not a fan of westwood....but I am not in favour of booing a player before coming on or during a game.....for me its counter productive.

I am a Villa fan and look for every conceivable advantage for my team....If the manager plays him I have to respect that, not boo it.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

That passage of posts doesn't show you're condemning the booing.

For me, it says you think he deserves it.

Your only condemnation of the booing is calling people idiots in a comment about how the booing doesn't bother you. It's hardly a damning condemnation is it?

Oh god. I didn't meet your levels of condemnation. Oh no. Sorry didn't realise you set the standards as to what we all must be judged on. I've called them idiots. I've said it's not right. If that's not enough for you that's your problem. 

It gets more ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Oh god. I didn't meet your levels of condemnation. Oh no. Sorry didn't realise you set the standards as to what we all must be judged on. I've called them idiots. I've said it's not right. If that's not enough for you that's your problem. 

It gets more ridiculous. 

:D

You know exactly what I'm talking about so don't pretend you don't and act all sarcastic.

You said Westwood deserves all the negativity he gets, you were called out on that, now you're lashing out.

It's ok.

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Hey I'm not the one saying a Villa player deserves negativity before he's even stepped foot on the pitch. So I'll take the well done as sincere. Thank you :)

Oh I said that did I? 

You might as well just have an argument with yourself the amount you make up and interpret the way you do. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

You might as well just have an argument with yourself the amount you make up and interpret the way you do. 

Ahem:

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's daft to expect everyone to post lovely positive comments and suppress opinions because we've taken on an oasis song as an anthem. 

Lets not forget who started the silliness with the comment above.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

:D

You know exactly what I'm talking about so don't pretend you don't and act all sarcastic.

You said Westwood deserves all the negativity he gets, you were called out on that, now you're lashing out.

It's ok.

I've got no problem being called out on that. I think he has deserved the negativity on here and until he plays better will still do. It's the other rubbish you've posted. I'll leave it there. 

I was not at the game yesterday, friends  nephew went instead.   Had I been there I would not have booed players booing an individual player effects the whole team.  I personally am not sure what Westwood brings to the team, under Steve Bruce the team have 11 points from a possible 15, he chooses the team from the players he thinks have the best chance of allowing AVFC to win.  If Westwood is good enough for him then I am happy.  

At the Fulham game I noticed when Westwood he came on he did not have many touches but he did a lot of pointing and organising, maybe this is what he brings to the game.

BOOING players because you dont like them undermines the whole team.