Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

No more cries for him to be played in a 3 please.

For a few years ppl have said that he doesn't work in a 2. He doesn't work in a 3 he's just less exposed.

Playing a 3 because of Westwood is simply us accommodating rubbish. And it's because we accommodate rubbish that we're currently looking like league 1 candidates.

While I really don't wan't Westwood in the team (trust me on this, I reeeeealy don't want it) we don't have any midfielder who can play in a 2 man midfield. Possibly Tish, but I doubt it. So we simply must play a 3 man midfield.

Jedinak is shot, this seasons Lescott.

Gardner is, well, not that good sadly. 

And Westwood is a non entity, a spectral form of a midfielder.

Playing a 3 man midfield is Imo not to accommodate Westwood, but rather to find a form where we are not totally overrun in midfield.

I'm more than up for giving Lyden a go, even thou I haven't seen much of him, possibly even Bacuna rather than having to see Westy's name in the line-up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Wasnt a 50/50. He had the ball, tried shielding it instead of actually doing something. That sums him up.

From the highlight clip I think he was fouled a bit, could've been whistled, 50-50. 

His fault, but nothing like Jedinak's brainfart.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

From the highlight clip I think he was fouled a bit, could've been whistled, 50-50. 

His fault, but nothing like Jedinak's brainfart.

One of the first things kids learn in football is "play to the whistle".  By the time that moron Westwood had thrown in his arms in the air and stood looking at the referee, the Preston player was 15 yards closer to our goal, and in a very threatening position.  He just isn't good enough on any level, and the crowd's reaction to him after that was poisonous.  I think he's done here, personally.

• Like 3

hopefully that 2nd goal was his last action as a Villa player but we all know it wont be. We have had some poor midfielders in the past like Djemba-Djemba and Osbourne but they at least didnt stick around longer than they were welcome

this guy is just a fraud who will probably be still here come the end of his contract

For those who haven't seen the goal (at 1:12 if the time tag doesn't work):

This is just inexcusable. Not only does he lose the ball like a mug, he then stands still like a petulant child and lets the opposition run away with it. Get this horrible player out of the club ASAP.

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Risso said:

One of the first things kids learn in football is "play to the whistle".  By the time that moron Westwood had thrown in his arms in the air and stood looking at the referee, the Preston player was 15 yards closer to our goal, and in a very threatening position.  He just isn't good enough on any level, and the crowd's reaction to him after that was poisonous.  I think he's done here, personally.

because the self same thing has happened too many times....the crowd are done with it.

and that is part of the problem at Villa successive managers have not dealt with it.....it has had to get to this.

In many ways the crowd have been short changed by managers who have just failed to develop the team properly, just sat on their hands.....until the obvious just stares you in the face.

Its disappointing, shocking and downright incompetent of them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Must be good for the Westwood Offence Society to actually have a genuine reason to slate him from the Preston game. The Westwood Defence Society members are gonna have to really dig deep on this one...

no..... just total denial.

fixed

Yeah he was weak there, but the first kick at him was a foul let's be honest. Completely clipped him without touching the ball. If you're unsure, just watch it in slow motion, preferably 0.25x. Took out his legs completely.

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah he was weak there, but the first kick at him was a foul let's be honest. Completely clipped him without touching the ball. If you're unsure, just watch it in slow motion, preferably 0.25x. Took out his legs completely.

play to the whistle. Amateur hour. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woodytom said:

No more cries for him to be played in a 3 please.

For a few years ppl have said that he doesn't work in a 2. He doesn't work in a 3 he's just less exposed.

Playing a 3 because of Westwood is simply us accommodating rubbish. And it's because we accommodate rubbish that we're currently looking like league 1 candidates.

think you may have misread my post. IF he plays, it has to be in a midfield 3, but after yesterday's performance I'm hoping for a spell on the bench

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

think you may have misread my post. IF he plays, it has to be in a midfield 3, but after yesterday's performance I'm hoping for a spell on the bench

It was obvious what you meant. If he plays, it has to be in a 3. The same goes for Jedinak and Gardner as well. The only midfielder we have that can possibly play in a 2 is Tshibola. 

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just seen the goal. Why didn't he just pass it?

Because in his minute footballing brain he actually believed that he had the physical strength and footballing skills needed to turn away from his opponent and continue forward with the ball. Unfortunately for him, he has neither! 

I have no problem with him as a human being but a footballer he is not, certainly not at the level we are at now or in previous seasons. 

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I didn't misread it. The club needs to get rid of the attitude of accommodating shite. From the top right to us fans. There should be no 'if' about it. It should be completely unacceptable for us to have to endure such poor players and we should make that known. Not make do..... After all we don't tend to make do with managers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I didn't misread it. The club needs to get rid of the attitude of accommodating shite. From the top right to us fans. There should be no 'if' about it. It should be completely unacceptable for us to have to endure such poor players and we should make that known. Not make do..... After all we don't tend to make do with managers.

100% agree with this, however, 4/5 of our midfield is utter shite. Though i think that with a new manager(one who presumably knows and accepts that our midfield is the #1 priority to fix) will bring in a couple more players that will push Gardner/Westwood and others out the door(possibly free transfers who could immediately come in. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

100% agree with this, however, 4/5 of our midfield is utter shite. Though i think that with a new manager(one who presumably knows and accepts that our midfield is the #1 priority to fix) will bring in a couple more players that will push Gardner/Westwood and others out the door(possibly free transfers who could immediately come in. 

Hopefully.