Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I've said it before and I will say it again ....Lightweight, despite being not a bad player.

This game today has shown up some of our deficiencies.....despite us being quite good at many things.

give us space and we will give you trouble, deny us space and close us down, we go to pieces, we are not up for the battle.

.....Its been said over the years by some eminent managers...." you have to win the right to play football"..... we failed to win the right today.

Thought he was one of the few today that looked like he actually put 100% into the game.

He wasn't great, same as the whole team, but at least he put the effort in.

There's half a dozen at least players you could have a go at today before Westwood.

Once he got the yellow he was pretty much out of the game. Not his best day. Not anyone's best day.

Today was Absolutely nothing nothing to do with Westwood and everything to do with Vlaar

I'd partially agree with that -- we sort of collapsed like a row of dominoes. Vlaar was the first to fall but he was by no means the last.

The trouble, is when you have a defence that performs THAT badly, then everybody else suffers as a result.  How do you have any sort of confidence when the players behind you are playing like that?  The midfield weren't at their best, but the blame for that stems with Vlaar and Okore.

The trouble, is when you have a defence that performs THAT badly, then everybody else suffers as a result.  How do you have any sort of confidence when the players behind you are playing like that?  The midfield weren't at their best, but the blame for that stems with Vlaar and Okore.

I don't think so. I think they all played badly - to take your point, you could say when the defence are playing badly, they need the midifeld to help them out - team agme and all that. The midfield didn't help them out.

The tactics were wrong and Hutton was out of position. The whole lot in the first half was a shambles.

But yeah, the defending was abysmal.

Good player but if we want to challenge Everton & Swansea for 8th - 10th we need better players

Why, who do they have that is better and plays in the same role?

I see this said a lot. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Westwood > Barry who plays in the same role.

Ki > Westwood for Swansea but it isn't that far off.

Good player but if we want to challenge Everton & Swansea for 8th - 10th we need better players

Plus Ki would cost more than we'd probably get in return for Westwood.

Plus Ki would cost more than we'd probably get in return for Westwood.

I was quoting dakid as well. I was agreeing with you :D