Ashley Westwood

Nabby

The midfield is fine, it's what is playing up ahead of them is the problem.  Weimann is poison and gives away possession nearly every time the ball goes near him, Gabby is extremely hit and miss and does the odd good thing and Zog is similar.  It's hard for a midfield to look good in an attacking sense when our forwards can't keep the ball!

• Like 2

He brought another down from out the sky like he did against Newcastle last season. The guy has an absolutely superb first touch.

As I've said before in this thread, he's the first name on the teamsheet in midfield for me.

Wholeheartedly agree

He was brilliant but i don't think we have enough going forward with a midfield 3 of sanchez, delph and Westwood.

Pretty much this - definitely true if two of the players ahead of this trio are Agbonlahor and Weimann. But it'd be interesting to see how Westwood and Delph play with a strong DM behind them, as they're two of the more creative guys in our squad, and could be useful going forward.

He was brilliant but i don't think we have enough going forward with a midfield 3 of sanchez, delph and Westwood.

Seeing as they've only played about 20min I think you should give them a bit more time together. Sanchez is more athletic so should enable Westwood and Delph to push more with better movement up front Westwood will find them as he's a very good passer.

Hodgson was at the game today, and other than Delph, the only other player of interest to him would have to be Westwood. An England call up could really help his confidence. 

If people expect Westwoodto be  the creative midfielder that we have been craving for the last few years then i'm afraid they are going to be very disappointed.Hes not that kind of player, hes a sitting midfielder who likes to sit in front of the back 4 and just keep things ticking along.Its him or Sanchez for me, alongside Delph, plus a better attacking midfielder.Cole atm is our best bet.