Joe Bennett

Si.

For all the stick this lad gets I think he's starting to grow in confidence and has played well in the past couple of games. Thought he was pretty solid today. Though, is obviously better at going forward than defending. 

Agreed, starting to settle. 

Yup. Still not great at defending, but getting better. His pass to Bowery for Bowery's second chance was brilliant, and he has a real knack for a cross. He definitely does have talent.

• Like 1

I was pleased with Bennett today. We are always waiting for him to make a mistake and I thought (given his form this season) he played well. We need the youngsters to gain in confidence and this game will have done his a lot of good.

• Like 1

He has looked much better of late. Fair play to the lad as he could have folded under the pressure.

So true, we have given him a lot of stick (deservedly) this year but hopefully he will now settle and grow in confidence.

We conceded because he wasn't marking his man!

and Lowton had his pants pulled down and Vlaars attempted tackle was poor, we didnt concede just because he wasnt marking his man

He was the only person ball watching/staring into space, so I blame him. 

Unsurprisingly the sharper he's got, the more confident he has got and he's started to look more like a Premier League footballer.  I hope he stays injury free from now through to the start of next season, and with a good pre-season gets stronger. 

I was pleased with Bennett today. We are always waiting for him to make a mistake and I thought (given his form this season) he played well. We need the youngsters to gain in confidence and this game will have done his a lot of good.

Well said that man-I've cursed him on many an occasion this season but I really think that Arsenal game was a big turning point for him-Its a big ask to expect wonder performances from young defenders & for all his contributions going forward,Kyle Walker made many mistakes defending when he was on loan here.

I honestly believe that in 2 years time,Bennett & indeed Lowton will really begin to establish themselves in this division.

Just give him a chance and he will come good.

Mind you that's a more difficult sell to the piss head Villa 'fans' who were abusing him at the League Cup semi final.

I'm still not sure he's a left-back. He just doesn't seem that competent at defending (though he's been much better of late), but has a great cross on him and good vision for a pass. If we have another left back next season, I can see him being given a go further forward and I think he'd look good there.

Edited by blunther

I liked him and Benteke taking the piss at the end. Someone else said it earlier but I really hope this team gets safe soon so they can express themselves better.

Yep that made me smile - little glimpse of what he could be cappable of with more experience and confidence.

When our defenders start keeping some clean sheets I think that is the point we can say we will have turned a corner as a team.

He has settled down after his horror start with us but all four of our starting defenders still have a lot of improving to go before we have a premier league standard defense.

When our defenders start keeping some clean sheets I think that is the point we can say we will have turned a corner as a team.

He has settled down after his horror start with us but all four of our starting defenders still have a lot of improving to go before we have a premier league standard defense.

Is not scoring lots of goals and winning enough? At Norwich Lambert was never known for being the most defensive manager...relying on attack more than defence, which seems to be coming to fruition with us now. 

I am glad he appears to be turning it around. Several of his performances earlier this season were really hands over eyes. The Bradford city away tie does produce a clammy fear whenever Bennett got the ball. He does look useful going forward, and perhaps he will start to settle down and do a job for us. I am still not totally convinced but I will be pleased to be proven wrong.

Â