Joe Bennett

Si.

I'm pretty sure Bennett will get more than one season due to a combination of Lerner's stubbornness/apparent inability to recognise good defenders/lack of cash from RL.

What we have to worry about is if some of those seasons happen in a lower leagiue

Change Lerner to Lambert mate.

Not really - considering Bennett was 3rd choice, who do you blame. Lambert can only work with the money he is given.

No, Brumerican is right, the first Lerner should have been Lambert - that's what I meant. Brain moving faster than typing fingers (or is it the other way round? Neither are very speedy),

I'm pretty sure Bennett will get more than one season due to a combination of Lerner's stubbornness/apparent inability to recognise good defenders/lack of cash from RL.

What we have to worry about is if some of those seasons happen in a lower leagiue

Didnt know Randy signed our players as well now ;)

Edited by Zatman

He won! Is that his first victory in the side? 

Played well today after the mistake for the first goal. 

Defending has improved. No shockers today other than the goal.

Crossing is good.

I gave Bennett pelters on here at the start of the season, I couldn't see anything positive in his game. Today I did, he defended well and was good going forward. He made a mistake early on but showed good character to play well afterwards.

LOL @ joe. Bad player

I suggest you look up the definition of supporter.

Shaky start today, grew into the game. Can't help a players confidence when so called supporters jump on his back at every opportunity.

He screwed up royally with that pass, however did play OK after his first 10 or so minutes. The fact that we won makes his initial error easier to forget though, had we drawn (or lost) this board would be very different, that's for sure.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Had a shaky start when he came on but overall did very well. I have to say it doesn't help that some supporters got straight on his back and you could instantly see he was nervous. Fair play to him for showing character. I think, as with many of the younger/inexperienced lads we have at this level, that the experience of this season will stand him in good stead and he will be better for it come next season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

He behaved like any kid thrown into his first premiership season of football would do and make mistakes

Still needs time

Kid?? He is 23 and cost 3million.  He fecked up for the first goal Royally and was shocking for their second.  He single handly nearly got Villa relegated today with his feck ups, not to mention all other games he has played. 

People come into this Bennett forum and slag people off for critising him and the same ones are out slagging Aghbonlahor off in his forum, who has done more in 10 mins of a game than Bennette has done the full season.  Thinks he is Aghbonlahor with these black gloves now.  And 'AshVilla' im not saying you slag of Aghbonlahor.  Worst left back i have ever saw at villa park in my 34 years of supporting them.

He behaved like any kid thrown into his first premiership season of football would do and make mistakes

Still needs time

Worst left back i have ever saw at villa park in my 34 years of supporting them.

and boy we have had some

He plays like a winger and technically seems pretty good, can cross well. Not sure I rate him as a defender yet but he's definitely improving.

I think he may very well become a winger in the next few seasons.

Â