Richard Dunne

Zatman

Hmm very risky, I want Dunne to go but without any replacement it is very very risky.

Because Lowton can play centre back aswell they think they have enough cover was the thinking so in effect they think central defence is covered . Left back is another issue

I think its a big enough ask to expect a 22 year old kid step up two leagues in his natural best position, and we don't even know if he is going to be able to do that. Now we want to put the added pressure on him to cover at CB.

Shambolic.

I hope he goes.

If he goes with no replacement then serious questions need to be asked about Lerner

It's Lambert who is dictating on this who goes and if he thinks we are covered is my understanding .

And how much of that is dictated by a limited budget and trying to stretch it filling other positions?

I seriously doubt any manager would choose to replace Dunne with a young CM if they had funds available.

And how much of that is dictated by a limited budget and trying to stretch it filling other positions?

I seriously doubt any manager would choose to replace Dunne with a young CM if they had funds available.

Well he wouldn't have to let him go if he doesn't want to. He obviously feels we will be fine, I don't but you can't blame Lerner on this one, well of course you will.

Well he wouldn't have to let him go if he doesn't want to. He obviously feels we will be fine, I don't but you can't blame Lerner on this one, well of course you will.

He does have to let players go to free up wages to bring in others. And after watching the west ham game I'd guess he's desperate to do so.

Do you think he'd do this if he had funds to bring in the players he wants without shifting Dunne?

Do you think he'd do this if he had funds to bring in the players he wants without shifting Dunne?

I don't see Lambert as the type to do much he doesn't want to do. Maybe he wants to clear out all the trouble makers from last season. Personally I think it's a mistake to let Dunne go without a replacement, but hopefully Lambert knows what he is doing.

We have enough cover in cb to not replace dunne. a left back we need but no cb and if it turns out we need one more therrs always january. fine with this personslly. we cant have amazing stars avross the board in one window. its work in progress.

I don't see Lambert as the type to do much he doesn't want to do. Maybe he wants to clear out all the trouble makers from last season. Personally I think it's a mistake to let Dunne go without a replacement, but hopefully Lambert knows what he is doing.

I don't care how strong a character Lambert is he still has to work with the budget given to him. A limited budget leads to situations like this.

We have enough cover in cb to not replace dunne. a left back we need but no cb and if it turns out we need one more therrs always january. fine with this personslly. we cant have amazing stars avross the board in one window. its work in progress.

Do we though? We struggled when injuries hit to name a solid partnership last season when we had more CB's at the club. If Dunne goes and we don't replace we only have Vlaar (new to the league), Clark (not played a lot at CB in recent years) and Baker (still reasonably inexperienced at the top level). If one or two get injured, we would be screwed.

Â