Richard Dunne

Zatman

"When God wants to punish he sends us what we want."

Eh?

Many on here have wanted Dunne gone for a long time. It seems they will get what they prayed for but ultimately in a scenario that leaves us weak and vulnerable.

That's my interpretation of what Gazton was saying

How do we know we dont have a replacement? I know one of the journos was saying we hadn't stopped looking at CB's after signing Vlaar, so it's more than possible that we do have a replacement lined up.

However there is also what MM said, that after Dunne leaves Herd will be the 4th CB.

"When God wants to punish he sends us what we want."

Eh?

So if we want Dunne out of the club, Randy will punish us with someone fatter, drunker and slower?

OMG!!! Its the Second Coming.

And Lo, He gaveth unto the Villans of Aston their hearts desire. He walked amongst them, and they did know him as God. There was much rejoicing and it was good.

Welcome Paul. :!:

I hope he goes.

If he goes with no replacement then serious questions need to be asked about Lerner

It's Lambert who is dictating on this who goes and if he thinks we are covered is my understanding .

Even if this was the case - Lerner's 'sell sell sell/buy' policy will be influencing the decision.

Lambert doesnt strike me as a fool. he also seems to really respect mon and its likely he spoke to him before taking the job. when meeting lerner he must have raised any concerns eith him and ultimstely he signed this summer aware of any current restrictions - if they exist - yet still felt confident he would succeed. Thus i thunk he knows full well what he is doing and is confident in the cover. At this point if youre concerned it should be with lamberts judgement not randys backing.

also carrick played centre half for utd the othet night. its really only city or maybe chelsea who can covet evrry drastic scenario effectively. We csnt afford to spend big on someobe eho may only pkay 3-4 games a season ' in emergency'

also carrick played centre half for utd the othet night. its really only city or maybe chelsea who can covet evrry drastic scenario effectively. We csnt afford to spend big on someobe eho may only pkay 3-4 games a season ' in emergency'

We don't exactly have midfielders in abundance that we can stick at center back if that came to it. If Dunne goes, we have 1 experienced centre back in Vlaar, it would be wrong to put that much weight of expectancy on our younger players for a whole season. Recipe for disaster. We sell Dunne, we need to replace, simple as that IMO. We've already lost Collins and Cuellar and replaced them with 1 player. Can't think of another Premier League club that has only 1 "experienced" centre back.

If we shift Dunne and Warnock we effectively won't have a single outfield player in their 30s left in the squad (only Petrov, but no-one knows if he'll play again).

And if we shift Dunne, Warnock and Hutton, Vlaar will be our only defender over the age of 23! Which would sound pretty damn risky to me..

I think Lerner could literally stand up in the directors area, unzip his trousers, piss on the fans below and some would give him a thumbs up and say thanks.
Why do you have relate everything back to Lerner?

I think Lerner could literally stand up in the directors area, unzip his trousers, piss on the fans below and some would give him a thumbs up and say thanks.

Exactly, the majority are just waiting to see what happens. It's all just rumours at the moment.

obsessed, he even has a shrine to Randy in the space beneath the stairs?

Back on topic, Dunne and Hutton to Stoke (80k a week wages approx) for Jones (30-40k a week) would be ideal IMO.

And I think that you literally hope that we won't sign any more players so you can get more people on your band wagon to get Lerner out of here. After all he might've pissed off your hero. And I also literally think that we could sign both Messi and Ronaldo and you'd still claim that Lerner is shite.

Oh I forgot, if it's a negative possibility MM isn't classed as someone with inside knowledge.

No one knows if it will happen, but if it does it's pretty piss poor.

Unless we bring in some shit hot players in other positions because of it.

Proof will be at the end of the window.

Whether you think it's Lerner being a tight arse, Lerner sulking after MoN, Lerner being sensible, or the club wanting to adhere to the UEFA rules should we ever get close to qualifying for a UEFA comp, our wage structure is restrained by our income.

Do I want to see us exposed at the back with only 1 'experienced' CB? No.

Can we afford to have average at best players on wages that are reported to be around £40-50k a week? No.

In fact we can't realistically afford to continue paying the likes of Bent £60-80k (lots of figures banded around) so something needs to be done. If Lambert believes we'll be ok then that's his decision he'll be the one that answers with his job if we're not.

Â