Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Is he officially gone? Apologies, just catching up

Not officially, but he has removed most Villa references from his twitter a/c and posted some cryptic messages, so appears to be something in the works or at the very least he's been told he has absolutely no future with us and to start looking for fresh pastures asap..

• Like 1

I would comfortably put Curtis Davies (Over 8 million, 40 games and left for 2), Reo-Coker (7.5 mil, left for 0)  and Marlon Harewood (4 million?) as worse signings than NZog, in a time when we could have done much,much better.

Carlos Cuellar for me is possibly the worst defender to ever play for Villa and he cost 7.8 million

He screams out as a West Ham signing to me. Make it happen, Tim.

I'd say he's got QPR written all over him!

still think Everton might go in for him. Martinez knows him from Wigan and he likes signing shit wingers like McGeady

• Like 1

I would comfortably put Curtis Davies (Over 8 million, 40 games and left for 2), Reo-Coker (7.5 mil, left for 0) and Marlon Harewood (4 million?) as worse signings than NZog, in a time when we could have done much,much better.

Carlos Cuellar for me is possibly the worst defender to ever play for Villa and he cost 7.8 million

Cuellar? Not even in the twenty worst defenders ever to play for Villa.
  • Like 1

I would comfortably put Curtis Davies (Over 8 million, 40 games and left for 2), Reo-Coker (7.5 mil, left for 0) and Marlon Harewood (4 million?) as worse signings than NZog, in a time when we could have done much,much better.

...maybe RBs :)

...but hardly his fault.

I thought he was shocking for the money we paid for him. Spain were playing some great football and we managed to sign the one Spanish player who couldnt trap a football. He also had no speed, couldnt head the ball, keep his position or take a throw in :P

I would comfortably put Curtis Davies (Over 8 million, 40 games and left for 2), Reo-Coker (7.5 mil, left for 0)  and Marlon Harewood (4 million?) as worse signings than NZog, in a time when we could have done much,much better.

That's what happens when you make MON a cheque signatory.

I agree. I can accept we over paid for him but he wouldn't even come close to being our worst ever defender.

Cuellar, Collins and Dunne come in for a fair amount of stick but they all played the vast majority of games in 2009/10, Cuellar started 36 league games, when we only conceded 39 goals, 4th best in league, which was also up there with the least goals we have ever conceded in a Prem season.

Ok, so what exactly did Balaban contribute for his £1m per appearance?

What did N'Zogbia?

He made a shit ton more appearances, granted. Doesn't mean he performed at all.

A few goals and a few assists. How about Balaban?

I'm not saying it's anywhere near enough by the way.

Cuellar was solid, if unspectacular, at right-back but was a crap centre-back.

I think the only two memorable facts about Cuellar was he had a great defenders beard and owned a very large pet snake.

Edited by Harry

What did N'Zogbia?

More like 4 goals and not many more assists. Garbage player, good riddance. 

What did N'Zogbia?

More like 4 goals and not many more assists. Garbage player, good riddance.

The very definition of a "few"!

• Like 1

Â