Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

One of the worst players to ever pull on our shirt.

Why on earth did sherwood give him so much game time last season?

I was sure it would be Gil out the door this summer and we would keep Nzogbia.

Thank god Tim has seen the light.

• Like 1

hasn't exactly been a beacon of light during his career here. I hope we can offload him soon. we'll no doubt have to write him off as a loss because I cannot see any other club being head over heels over him.

because CNZ has plenty of experience in relegation dog fights.

Pretty unlikely but perhaps Sherwood knew the only possibility that we were going to stand any chance of shifting him at the end of the season was to give him some game time and hope he'd have some motivation to show what he can do himself.

As I say, unlikely and also pretty high risk but it is also very unlikely we'd be able to sell him at all if he was bombed out (if it's not still anyway)

So does Gil.

So does Gil.

In the premier league??

Probably the worst signing we've ever made.

Bosko Balaban says hello! :wave:  :D

Not a fan of N'Zogbia and he has not lived up to his transfer fee or his wadges.I'm glad if we can move him, but don't think he is the worst by any means. He still stinks though :D

Bosko Balaban says hello! :wave::D

Not a fan of N'Zogbia and he has not lived up to his transfer fee or his wadges.I'm glad if we can move him, but don't think he is the worst by any means. He still stinks though :D

In four years I can remember a free kick against West Ham and a pass to Delph against WBA.

Never has a player contributed so little for so much.

Worse than Balaban.

Not a fan of N'Zogbia and he has not lived up to his transfer fee or his wadges.I'm glad if we can move him, but don't think he is the worst by any means. He still stinks though :D

Worse than Bosko,far far worse.

Not only did he cost almost half as much again as Balaban but he has 'earned' far higher wages.

Plus we took a gamble with Balaban and it didn't work out, we should have known better with N'Zogbia.

The real clincher though is what they cost us relative to our spending and budgets at the time and there no doubt who has been more costly in that time.

Almost £10m and I hate to think about how much in wages and we got what? One freekick is the only memorable thing he has done.

In four years I can remember a free kick against West Ham and a pass to Delph against WBA.

Never has a player contributed so little for so much.

Worse than Balaban.

Come on! We signed him for £5,5M in 2001 (wiki says 5,8), which back than was a huge transfer sum. And he "featured" (was invinsible) in 8 games for us.

So does Gil.

In the premier league??

Nope.

Does that matter?

Hermann Hreiðarsson has loads of premier league relegation dogfight experience too. Should we have signed and played him?

Surely quality trumps "relegation dogfight experience"? 

It's a crap excuse. Sherwood just preferred N'Zogbia. Luckily he seems to have realised that was the wrong decision now.

Edited by Stevo985

He's inconsistent and hasn't been good enough over they years. He did put a shift in last when Tim came in and had a some good games.

In a list of worst value for money signings in Villa's history on a cost per game basis, Bosko would be top.

Edited by piav_k4

It was £5.8 which wasn't a huge amount, granted it wasn't small but it really wasn't huge.

To put it context of my post above, we signed 3 players that summer for £5+ of which Balaban was one.

Who were the other players we signed for £9.5m in the same window as N'Zogbia? Or since in fact until this window when spending the money from Delph and Benteke.

N'Zogbia is out on his own as our worst signing.

It was £5.8 which wasn't a huge amount, granted it wasn't small but it really wasn't huge.

To put it context of my post above, we signed 3 players that summer for £5+ of which Balaban was one.

Who were the other players we signed for £9.5m in the same window as N'Zogbia? Or since in fact until this window when spending the money from Delph and Benteke.

N'Zogbia is out on his own as our worst signing.

He's inconsistent and hasn't been good enough over they years. He did put a shift in last when Tim came in and had a some good games.

In a list of worst value for money signings in Villa's history and a cost per game basis, Bosko would be top.

I'd argue he his very consistent.

So does Gil.

In the premier league??

Nope.

Does that matter?

Hermann Hreiðarsson has loads of premier league relegation dogfight experience too. Should we have signed and played him?

Surely quality trumps "relegation dogfight experience"? 

It's a crap excuse. Sherwood just preferred N'Zogbia. Luckily he seems to have realised that was the wrong decision now.

In fairness I doubt you'd want either 'in the trenches'.

N'Zogbia preferred because he is more suited to a direct game imo. A more pacey, direct player than Gil and more likely to run on to a Benteke flick on.

In a list of worst value for money signings in Villa's history and a cost per game basis, Bosko would be top.

I'd argue he his very consistent.

Point well made.

Â