Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

N'Zogbia preferred because he is more suited to a direct game imo. A more pacey, direct player than Gil and more likely to run on to a Benteke flick on.

Perhaps that is the reason he was preferred.

It's not the reality though.

A rough calculation based on full 5 year deals.

Balaban cost 1m per appearance.

N'Zogbia cost 270k per appearance (so far).

Even if we only paid Bosko for the 2.5 years he was here it works out at 750k per game.

I imagine we paid him compensation when we released him.

I think the word "greedy" sums up his time with us - always greedy when in possession of the ball and greedy through stealing wages from the club by delivering very little in terms of value for money.

N'Zogbia preferred because he is more suited to a direct game imo. A more pacey, direct player than Gil and more likely to run on to a Benteke flick on.

Please enlighten us to the reality stevo

he has dirt on Tim, surely.

A rough calculation based on full 5 year deals.

Balaban cost 1m per appearance.

N'Zogbia cost 270k per appearance (so far).

Even if we only paid Bosko for the 2.5 years he was here it works out at 750k per game.

I imagine we paid him compensation when we released him.

Just because Zog got his fat ass on the pitch doesn't make him more value for money.

What I mean is I agree that the reason N'Zogbia was picked may have been because the manager thought he was better suited to the relegation battle and may have been a pacier, more direct player than Gil and more likely to link up with Benteke.

But the reality is that none of those things are true. Whilst he's quick I don't think he's particularly pacey compared to Gil. I don't think he's more direct than many others in the squad, unless you want a player to directly run up the pitch and lose the ball, and I don't think he links up with Benteke much better than anyone else in the team would. And I don't think that just being involved in a Premier League relegation battle in the past automatically makes him a better choice than anybody else. I'd rather have a better quality player playing than somebody just being picked because he was good for Wigan in a relegation battle 6 years ago.

Luckily it would appear that the manager agrees now.

Think Sherwood picked Charlie Insomnia based on the fact that he had PL experience, whereas Gil didn't. Guess he didn't have too much time to get to know the players when he was thrown in at the deep end, so just went with what he thought was the best mix of players at the time. Obviously, since then he's had time to analyse each player in training and in pre-season games, so it's clear that Gil has risen in the manager's estimations, whereas it's been the opposite for Charles.

Ah.....I see now...I agree in terms of his sh1tness but sometimes experience does have better benefits just like they say when an old CB uses his experience to cover his decreasing pace etc.

I actually don't mind him here as cover for the next season. I don't hate N'Zogbia, I just don't think he's very good, and I don't think he should be starting games for us on a regular basis when we have better options. The same went for last season.

When saying he is the worst player ever to play the club, people being up how much he had cost us etc. it's such a modern day football fan thing (god I sound old and I'm only 32).

At the end of Lamberts first season he put in some good performances and linked up well with Benteke.

There have been worse players to play for us (performance basis only):

Kiraly

Kachloul

Balaban

De La Cruz

Ghrayb (think it was something like that)

Enkleman

And probably more that were that bad I've forgotten about them.

I suppose for the subjective nature of my mind the huge difference is I'd never heard of or seen any of them play, so even if they turned out to be shit there was a brief moment of hope for them all. Whereas Nzogbia was shit long before we paid far too much money for him and I knew that.

When saying he is the worst player ever to play the club, people being up how much he had cost us etc. it's such a modern day football fan thing (god I sound old and I'm only 32).

At the end of Lamberts first season he put in some good performances and linked up well with Benteke.

There have been worse players to play for us (performance basis only):

Kiraly

Kachloul

Balaban

De La Cruz

Ghrayb (think it was something like that)

Enkleman

And probably more that were that bad I've forgotten about them.

I actually think Zog has been more disappointing than a couple of these! Enckelman I thought played quite well a few times as understudy to James and Schmeichel. I had no problems with it the summer he was promoted to number 1, it was only after this that it went wrong for him. He also came through from the academy so no real wasted money factor.

De La Cruz was way off the quality we needed but I thought he put a shift in for the team in O'Leary's last season. I would argue he was better value for the club as well.

Â