Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Like Bent, NZog has been a viticm of a regime change. It seems de rigeur nowadays that the new manager has to totally rip up the previous team and get 'his' type of players. He could be a good player for us and earn his high wages. It isn't going to happen though. Loan deal to a club like Norwich in January, will leave in July.

Back in 3 to 4 weeks

He won't be playing in then though, probably just taking part in full training and it can take another month to build up the required fitness for league games.

Yup Lambo has said he will decide whether or not he is in his plans when he returns to full training so I guess we may see him again. That said, I don't think there is too much of a future for him here which is a shame as he clearly has talent, just isn't consistent with his use of it. 

• 3 weeks later...

NZog will become the new Salifou - a superstar until he actually plays for us again

Bent was brilliant and overlooked and would go on to rub our noses in it elsewhere - now he's gone to Fulham and can hardly get in the team

Sylla was flavour of the month last month, until he turned in a couple of very average performances and suddenly he's crap again

Ireland was crap at MC (except for one season), Newcastle and here. He's made two good passes highlighted by well-known football idiot Niall Quinn (who wants to encourage him back into the Eire team) and suddenly he's the one that got away

On VT, the less players play, the better they become

NZog was average before and after an achilles injury is likely to be average to poor

Agree with everything you say there VillaCas but the way I see it with a squad as thin as ours beggars cant be choosers.

He did OK in my eyes last season and at worst he gives us another option.

Something we are desperately short of at the moment.

NZog will become the new Salifou - a superstar until he actually plays for us again

that was Luke Young, Carlos Cuellar and Nigel Reo-Coker not Salifou he was a superstar even wehn he did play for us

Back in 3 to 4 weeks

He won't be playing in then though, probably just taking part in full training and it can take another month to build up the required fitness for league games.

Yup Lambo has said he will decide whether or not he is in his plans when he returns to full training so I guess we may see him again. That said, I don't think there is too much of a future for him here which is a shame as he clearly has talent, just isn't consistent with his use of it. 

He hasn't been helped though with not being given a decent run in the team in his best position cutting in from the right as he did at Wigan.

As we've seen with Ireland at Stoke put the player in his best position and give him a decent run of games and eventually you will see the benefit.

Edited by Morpheus

Back in 3 to 4 weeks

He hasn't been helped though with not being given a decent run in the team in his best position cutting in from the right as he did at Wigan.

As we've seen with Ireland at Stoke put the player in his best position and give him a decent run of games and eventually you will see the benefit.

What absolute sodding nonsense, sorry but Ireland was played in this position numerous times by Lambert, but he didn't perform. Have you ever actually considered that Ireland's contract is up at the end of the season and that maybe, he's decided to actually put some effort in to get a new deal.

• Like 4

Â