Rino8

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Other than TAA chucking it in the mixer from 40 yards out what have they got? 

Midfield is way off 

And I like the look of elliot, said before he'd have a big year and post WC he'll brsk through in the England set up (cheers big nose) but him and Milner ain't it 

Giving the ball to Diaz and hoping he can curl one in from 25 yards will be an increasing tactic throughout the season I suspect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guess they're playing the long game on someone like Jude Bellingham but their midfield could really do with a freshening up tbh. They have the experienced warriors like Henderson and Milners in their 30s and then young kids like Carvalho and Elliott but surprisingly no CM who's in that 24-26 year old bracket.

McGinn at 50m seems a great fit, make it so Jürgen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a pretty lethargic performance and once again Alexander-Arnold was a glaring weakness on the right.

When Klopp started on about Agbonlahor, it seemed like he was trying to distract attention from his own team's probems and his look of resignation on the bench seemed to confirm it.

The question about United, is whether they can play at that intensity for 90 minutes; it didn't look like it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It was a pretty lethargic performance and once again Alexander-Arnold was a glaring weakness on the right.

When Klopp started on about Agbonlahor, it seemed like he was trying to distract attention from his own team's probems and his look of resignation on the bench seemed to confirm it.

The question about United, is whether they can play at that intensity for 90 minutes; it didn't look like it.

It was 100% this.  He couldn't give a shit about Gabby, but he didn't want the whole "Man Utd are easy" narrative being an actual thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

It was always going to be difficult to keep playing at Man City insanely high level for a 4th season in  a row given the budgetary differences the two clubs have. Looks like they need a bit of a squad rebuild and I wonder if Klopp will want to stay around to do it.

Liverpool are no paupers, obviously not as rich as city, but they still spend big. Klopp has just been too stubborn to buy midfielders 

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Liverpool are no paupers, obviously not as rich as city, but they still spend big. Klopp has just been too stubborn to buy midfielders 

That’s the crux of it. Not developing many centre midfielders. They can’t rely upon Henderson and Milner forever. There’s no great spine to the team. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

That’s the crux of it. Not developing many centre midfielders. They can’t rely upon Henderson and Milner forever. There’s no great spine to the team. 

They do have young ones but Elliott and Carvalho are still raw at top level which is understandble. I assume Curtis Jones is injured aswell as he was playing a bit first few months of last season. The Ox is still there aswell but he must be coming up to 30....

Get the feeling Madrid doing a job on them in CL final has pushed the motivation levels down a bit and we're seeing now how crucial Mane was to their style of play even if Salah would score more over a season.

They'll still be a threat in the cups as suits their style more but will be more of a 20/21 league season for them.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They do have young ones but Elliott and Carvalho are still raw at top level which is understandble. I assume Curtis Jones is injured aswell as he was playing a bit first few months of last season. The Ox is still there aswell but he must be coming up to 30....

Get the feeling Madrid doing a job on them in CL final has pushed the motivation levels down a bit and we're seeing now how crucial Mane was to their style of play even if Salah would score more over a season.

They'll still be a threat in the cups as suits their style more but will be more of a 20/21 league season for them.

Klopp at Dortmund struggled when his big players left and others aged or got mentally fatigued from his style. It could happen again as this is not a young squad, think VVD, Matip, Thiago, Salah, Henderson, Firmino, Milner all 30 and above

I know he signed a deal but if continues on I think he could walk at the end of the season citing fatigue. 

Its not an easy rebuild with a cheap board

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Klopp at Dortmund struggled when his big players left and others aged or got mentally fatigued from his style. It could happen again as this is not a young squad, think VVD, Matip, Thiago, Salah, Henderson, Firmino, Milner all 30 and above

I know he signed a deal but if continues on I think he could walk at the end of the season citing fatigue. 

Its not an easy rebuild with a cheap board

If they dropped a Bellingham into this midfield then that would sort things if one of the young lads kicks on. Can just play Fabianho as DM as he's 28-29. Bellingham will obviously come back to prem at some stage so that seems the plan given Man. City are stocked and Chelsea will probably get Rice so Liverpool seems obvious destination to me.

Just now, VillaChris said:

If they dropped a Bellingham into this midfield then that would sort things if one of the young lads kicks on. Can just play Fabianho as DM as he's 28-29. Bellingham will obviously come back to prem at some stage so that seems the plan given Man. City are stocked and Chelsea will probably get Rice so Liverpool seems obvious destination to me.

And they have talked to him... 

ITK!!! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Not convinced by this - they were missing all of Thiago, Keita and Jones and, for whatever reason, didn't start Fabinho.  Their midfield is fine, really.

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not convinced by this - they were missing all of Thiago, Keita and Jones and, for whatever reason, didn't start Fabinho.  Their midfield is fine, really.

Matip is a big loss for them as well and he should be back soon. 

Â