Rino8

9 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Man Utd being in a genuine relegation battle would be brilliant though, and the more games Liverpool win before we play them the greater the chance that when they eventually drop points it will be to us*.

Man Utd play Norwich the game after.

The game could be hilarious.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2019 at 13:42, Zatman said:

He is doing a good job? Has won nothing with a big budget

How long has he been there? He’s spent less than Celtic and 1/10th of what we spent this year and they top the league. What more is he suppose to do 

Edited by PaulC

On 15/10/2019 at 15:11, PaulC said:

How long has he been there? He’s spent less than Celtic and 1/10th of what we spent this year and they top the league. What more is he suppose to do 

I’m sure the £400m he spent the 4 years he’s been there can make up for one quiet transfer window.

• Like 1

Steven G has only been at sevco for 2 years...........and is doing a good job ..........but , although he took over after some poor managers , it is one of the 2 "easy" jobs in Scottish football based on the amount of money available to the uglies and the fan base. True this can add pressure from the expectation of their knuckle draggers but as yet, in my eyes, he still has things to prove in a competitive league before he moves back to his beloved Anfield.

I have a feeling his task this season may have been helped by Smeltic going back to Lennon. 😮

I would expect he will move to a lower PL team or a Championship side before that move back to Liverpool. 

Edited by newhavenhibby

11 hours ago, newhavenhibby said:

Steven G has only been at sevco for 2 years...........and is doing a good job ..........but , although he took over after some poor managers , it is one of the 2 "easy" jobs in Scottish football based on the amount of money available to the uglies and the fan base. True this can add pressure from the expectation of their knuckle draggers but as yet, in my eyes, he still has things to prove in a competitive league before he moves back to his beloved Anfield.

I have a feeling his task this season may have been helped by Smeltic going back to Lennon. 😮

I would expect he will move to a lower PL team or a Championship side before that move back to Liverpool. 

I think Rangers is the stepping stone to the Liverpool job when Klopp goes. Lampard didn't serve much of an apprenticeship to get the Chelsea job. You cant replace Klopp anyway. He's a one off!

99.9% of the Liverpool top wearers i come into contact with are, much like the huge wave of Manure top wearers we had to endure for a couple of decades, nothing more than deluded hangers on who no doubt started supporting Liverpool when at school because they enjoy gloating and taking the mick out of genuine fans of their local clubs. I actually see that as a character weakness in all honesty. The genuine fans have been very easy targets in recent times of course especially here in the midlands.

No doubt a new wave of the top wearing fake fans will surface from schools now along with a sudden wave of Man City top wearers. As with some posters above, I have no time for these people either as they appear to only like football because they enjoy belittling others. I don't mind a bit of banter with genuine fans of any club but those top wearers i have no time for.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

No doubt a new wave of the top wearing fake fans will surface from schools now along with a sudden wave of Man City top wearers. As with some posters above, I have no time for these people either as they appear to only like football because they enjoy belittling others. I don't mind a bit of banter with genuine fans of any club but those top wearers i have no time for.

im not sure, a few Chelsea popped up by me (my little brother...) but I think man city timed it too late, barca and madrid swooped in (and now juve) and I think maybe to be fair to them dads everywhere saw that as less painful than them supporting another English team, I would say I see more barca shirts being worn by kids under 10 than any PL team

I don't think winning the PL can compete with the draw of messi and ronaldo

Club that has the best players on FIFA 20 or whatever year it might have been will automatically get lots of new "supporters".

Bet there are tons of kids with Neymar tops who have not watched a single Ligue 1 game.

• Like 1

I kind of get it with the best clubs in the world, of course if you're a 'football' fan you're going to enjoy watching the best teams in the world, which are usually Barca and Real Madrid. You need to maintain that success though for a long time to stay there. 

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think Rangers is the stepping stone to the Liverpool job when Klopp goes. Lampard didn't serve much of an apprenticeship to get the Chelsea job. You cant replace Klopp anyway. He's a one off!

Lampard was in a very competitive division.......as you well remember!, and very nearly got them promoted on not one of the largest budgets..........again as you remember..........what a great day out at Wembley.  :flag:    It was then an almighty gamble to appoint him for the Chelsea job so lets see how he does. If Klopp leaves having won everything in their path the new guy has got to hit the ground running in the most competitive league there is............the expectation of the fans would be immense .........afterall they do like to collect "pots" !!   Glory hunters. 

Steven G has an extremely large budget for the SPL which is streets ahead of anybody else except Smeltic.........if he cannot make an impression in the SPL with that behind him he might as well forget about being a manager, but that doesn't mean to say he would be a success at LFC.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

On 18/10/2019 at 09:42, newhavenhibby said:

Lampard was in a very competitive division.......as you well remember!, and very nearly got them promoted on not one of the largest budgets..........again as you remember..........what a great day out at Wembley.  :flag:    It was then an almighty gamble to appoint him for the Chelsea job so lets see how he does. If Klopp leaves having won everything in their path the new guy has got to hit the ground running in the most competitive league there is............the expectation of the fans would be immense .........afterall they do like to collect "pots" !!   Glory hunters. 

Steven G has an extremely large budget for the SPL which is streets ahead of anybody else except Smeltic.........if he cannot make an impression in the SPL with that behind him he might as well forget about being a manager, but that doesn't mean to say he would be a success at LFC.

True enough

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is there anything Klopp doesnt moan about. What a rocket polisher

Really? Playing 2 games on potentially the same day on different continents seems ok to you?

He's got a point, the football authorities need to get their shit together and not cause such absurd fixture congestion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Really? Playing 2 games on potentially the same day on different continents seems ok to you?

He's got a point, the football authorities need to get their shit together and not cause such absurd fixture congestion.

Imagine how fun the Qatar 2022 season will be.

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They should have insisted Liverpool pull out of one of the tournaments prior to the start of the season.

• Like 2

Yup I agree with the two comments above. But, it's on the EFL for not giving them the option. Can't really blame Liverpool or anyone associated to the club for this. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Confused 1

Â