Rino8

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup I agree with the two comments above. But, it's on the EFL for not giving them the option. Can't really blame Liverpool or anyone associated to the club for this. 

I’d imagine they knew the rules and dates for competitions prior to entering ?

Listening to Klopp and Pep I get the impression they’d prefer to just play each other a couple of times a year to decide who wins what, cash the cheques then do it again next year, and sod the rest of us.

He should shut up and abide by whatever was agreed when they entered the competitions.

It's not like they're pissing off abroad on a jolly. 

A club ought to be able to compete in all official competitions they're eligible for with the expectation the fixtures are organised properly, imo. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Yup I agree with the two comments above. But, it's on the EFL for not giving them the option. Can't really blame Liverpool or anyone associated to the club for this. 

It's the responsibility of the teams to ensure at the start of the season that they are able to fulfil all of their fixtures.

If they drop out, it should be with a fine or a points deduction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the funny part is Liverpool are only still in the tournament because they are a big name, if somebody else fielded an ineligible player they be kicked out of the tournament.

Put that with the threat to forfeit this game and we see a team that showing no respect for the tournament

• Like 2

Fwiw I think it's retarded that the semis are 2 legged and the FIFA club world Championship is a silly competition that I'm sure they'd skip if they were not forced by FIFA and their sponsors.

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not like they're pissing off abroad on a jolly. 

A club ought to be able to compete in all official competitions they're eligible for with the expectation the fixtures are organised properly, imo. 

Or, a Club ought only to enter competitions for which they meet the expectations of the organisers ?

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Fwiw I think it's retarded that the semis are 2 legged and the FIFA club world Championship is a silly competition that I'm sure they'd skip if they were not forced by FIFA and their sponsors.

Personally I love the 2 legs finals. It’s extra excitement. We’ve had a couple of great experiences, Tranmere, Blackburn and some bad experiences Bradford

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the funny part is Liverpool are only still in the tournament because they are a big name, if somebody else fielded an ineligible player they be kicked out of the tournament.

Put that with the threat to forfeit this game and we see a team that showing no respect for the tournament

Not sure West Ham were years ago when we got a replayed match after IIRC losing the game where they fielded an illegible player

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mane and Salah jumping around as if in a swimmimg pool

When a dive is so blatant they should face further action. It would soon eradicate it. A yellow is not enough.

Edited by Genie

Â