Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

VILLA: Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Lichaj, Delph, El Ahmadi, Bannan, Ireland, Weimann, Bent.

Subs: Guzan, Herd, Holman, N'Zogbia, Stevens, Baker, Gardner.

If Lambert is going to go with a narrow midfield and two strikers I think he would have that line up. If he's going with only Bent upfront then I think Holman will come in for Weimann and maybe N'Zogbia for Bannan.

Point wouldn't be a bad result. I'd play;

Guzan

Lichaj Vlaar Clark Warnock

Herd El Ahmadi

Holman Ireland N'Zogbia

Bent.

Herd there because he's very strong in the air and we are a small team and we're likely to be peppered with set-pieces and long balls so an extra piece of protection can't hurt, while he's hardly a bad footballer.

1-1.

we don't have a decent winger in our team so we may as well play narrow....id go....

--------------Given---------------------

Lowton------Vlaar-------Clark-------Lichaj

------------------Herd----------------------

-------El Ahmadi-------Holman-------------

-----------------Ireland-------------------

--------Bent---------------Zogs---------

that back line is filling me with more and more dread every time i look at it!

Just turned Sky sports news on and seen PL's pre game interview...

words cannot describe how nice it is to see his face on a Friday evening rather than sitting down and knowing you are going to have to see Mcleishs ugly mug bang on about how dynamic our team is and that Hesky is really relishing his new winger role

we don't have a decent winger in our team so we may as well play narrow....id go....

words cannot describe how nice it is to see his face on a Friday evening rather than sitting down and knowing you are going to have to see Mcleishs ugly mug bang on about how dynamic our team is and that Hesky is really relishing his new winger role

You're right about the back line, which is why I think we'll play a 4-2-3-1 with El Ahmadi and Delph/Herd in front of the back four and Holman, Ireland and N'Zogbia making up the creative 3 behind Bent.

You're right about the back line, which is why I think we'll play a 4-2-3-1 with El Ahmadi and Delph/Herd in front of the back four and Holman, Ireland and N'Zogbia making up the creative 3 behind Bent.

I've got a feeling he wont play both Ireland and Nzogbia. I think one of them may be benched

I can see it being:

...............Given

Lowton.Vlaar.Clark.Lichaj

..........Delph.KEA

N'Zogbia.Ireland.Holmann

................Bent

Subs: Guzan, Baker, Bannan, Weimann, Gardner, Herd & Carruthers

Purely because of the injuries to Delfouneso and Gabby I can see PL starting with just one up front.

I would go with that team maybe drop KEA into Herds position and put Bannan on though.

1-1 An ugly game with Big Sam getting West Ham to hit it over our midfields heads and us to score on the break.

An easy 4-0 to Villa. Our possession game will dominate the Hammers as they vainly hoof it forward in between our domination.

My only concern is that Lamberts Norwich struggled against Stoke last season, I am not sure he knows how to counter that style.

We shall see. Oh and I saw his pre match interview. Love this guy. He just oozes confidence with a "You people seem to be forgetting I am a winner." vibe to him.

Lets go lads!

Allardyce will instruct them to try and kick chunks out of our midfield which looks lightweight

They also be launching missiles into our box from the off so a busy day for Vlaar and Clark

Bent is on form so there is hope

really don't get the panic concern over the defence. The previous defence had mucho PL experience but was shite. Might as well try something new - it's a new team coming together after all. Lowton is obviously making a big step up, and will need people not to immediately slaughter him if he's a bit shakey whilst he gets used to the PL (9 possibly, he could be great straight off), and vlaar and clark have had some time to prepare ( indeed how nice to get the players in early enough to actually practice before the season starts unlike under MoN!)

I rate Clark and looking forward to seeing how Vlaar does whilst at least Lichaj has covered at lb before. The team is in development, but it really doesn't look that bad at all.

Anyway I'll shoot for a 2-2 opener. I think our new defence will be caught out a couple of times, and Bent and Holman for us, Ireland to have a cracker.

I've seen Lambert comment about Warnock and Hutton regarding the squad for West Ham, but haven't actually seen if he's including the pair for the trip to West Ham. Hopefully not.

I think a score draw would be a decent return. Completely agree Rodders, defense was garbage last year despite the negative tactics and experienced players. Our team this year certaonly won't do any worse.

I haven't been this excited about a new season in what seems like a long time. I added the "soccer" package to my cable account after removing it last year, and will be watching Villa on delay...

WOOOOOOT

Come on Villa!!!!!!