Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I've seen Lambert comment about Warnock and Hutton regarding the squad for West Ham, but haven't actually seen if he's including the pair for the trip to West Ham. Hopefully not.

If he includes any of those two it will be Warnock who has actually played for Villa in pre-season. Hutton has been left out of the squad for every single game, he didn't even go on the US tour.

Our opening fixture always seems to be away to a newly promoted side, which is always a very difficult match, no matter who it is. Seeing as it's West Ham with Fat Sam, they will not be too scared...to be honest, I'd be content with a draw, given the fact that we are below optimum strength...

But they are shit, so...0-1 Villa, Bent with the goal.

Firstly I know many will share this with me as a say a big WOO HOO that the season is about to egin once again .

Added to the fact that mc....... has long departed and things are looking up for the Villa.

Im going for a 2-1 win to us Bent and Clark with the goal ( from a corner as predicted in another thread )

Drawing a promoted team at home for their first game back in the prem always makes it even trickier - west ham have made some decent signings (and James Collins....who I fully expect to score today from a corner).

Can see us getting soundly beaten today. The irony of not having mcleish is that I'd take a draw today. Still, if it does happen at least it'll get the players up for the home game next week.

Hope I'm wrong.

Think it says a lot about our last few years that West Ham see this as a very easy start. Even Big Sam has had to come out trying to say that we wont be any pushover. Cant see any more than a draw for us. I cant see weve improved much on a team that has been through two relegation battles and our pre season form has been sketchy. I like the new found optimism around the team but cant help feeling its a little mis placed.

Opening games are tough to predict, this one more so due to them being a promoted side and us having a new manager and players. Our team looks weak, it could be a long season, but I rate Lambert highly.

......................Given.......................

Lowton.....Vlaar......Clark.........Lichaj

................KEA......Bannan..............

.........Holman..Ireland..N'Zogbia......

......................Bent......................

1-1.

Yep this will be pretty close to our team - Which pretty much picks itself - the only decision lambo has to make is Bannan or Delph.

All I can see is goals. Like many others can't really see our hugely inexperienced defence picking up a clean sheet away at West Ham. Just hope we can score a couple ourselves. Not overly optimistic but hopeful as Lambert is a born winner and he'll try everything to try and get us a result.

1-3, 2-3, 3-2 or 3-3 (Is that too many guesses?)

So excited!!!

Last night was like Christmas eve, I couldn't sleep and now time is going to bloody slow!!!

I think we'll line up the way Bazdavies predicted and TBH I don't think winning, losing or drawing would surprise me today.

Won't be easy but I'm hoping we can get off to a good start to keep the confidence, the players have been talking about all Pre season, high.