Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

I think we'll lose. West Ham aren't terrible and they'll be **** determined to make sure they get off to a good start in front of their own crowd. Plus Big Same plays football we aren't the best at dealing with - balls in the box.

I think it'll be a good, open game and I do fancy us to score, but I think it might finish 2-1.

Remember Stan's debut against this lot at Upton Park?......

i still maintain that was his best ever performance for us....

what a player we had on our hands that day

He looked unreal that game, the football we played was amazing and how we didn't win that game is a mystery.

I wonder if his career might have been any different if that lob had dropped in off the bar......probably wouldn't have changed much but you never know

Remember Stan's debut against this lot at Upton Park?......

i still maintain that was his best ever performance for us....

what a player we had on our hands that day

He looked unreal that game, the football we played was amazing and how we didn't win that game is a mystery.

I wonder if his career might have been any different if that lob had dropped in off the bar......probably wouldn't have changed much but you never know

its bizarre...

that game he was creating things left right and centre and bombing past the forwards and getting in loads of goalscoring positions...

and then a few games later he was much more reserved and of course eventually his role changed completely as he became a DM...

it was one of the best debuts i have seen from a villa player...

i know he didn't score and we didn't even bloody win! but he was absolutely immense