Speculation: Steven Fletcher (Wolves)

KjParton

I do believe the opinions would be different if he was the exact same player, with the same recent goal scoring but played abroad.

Totally agree.

I think he is a very underated player, he can use both feet, score headers, works hard constantly, and has always scored goals no matter which club he has been at.

Scoring 12 goals last season in a **** shite wolves side tells you what his all about.

I still feel bothered by the price tag, but I also feel it could be a very intelligent bit of business.

And let's face it...he'd walk into our side as it is.

The difference is he'd be about £5mil cheaper. As I said a few pages back Giroud cost £9.6mil, he scored 21 goals and assisted another 9 last year in Ligue 1, and Podolski scored 18 in 29 for a relegated Koln side only cost £10.9. Can anyone say with any real confidence that Stephen Fletcher is worth more than these players?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll be taking a risk if every signing is a cheap unproven foreign player.

Agree with that but Fletcher is Joe Average

So you've undone yourself

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but yours is wrong about Fletcher.

Not ca ool or trendy name or plays for a big club, but has proven at cubs he's been at he has performed.

Good footballer.

I think we'll be taking a risk if every signing is a cheap unproven foreign player.

Agree with that but Fletcher is Joe Average

So you've undone yourself

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but yours is wrong about Fletcher.

Not ca ool or trendy name or plays for a big club, but has proven at cubs he's been at he has performed.

Good footballer.

£12-£14m good though?

The reason for all these pages? Some muppet itk from twitter?

A poster on a Sunderland forum actually. Nothing to do with Twitter initially.

Oh that's ok then, we're defiantly in for him.

Who knows if we are or not.

What I will say is both Abraham and Kendrick have written articles in the last couple of weeks saying we are at the very least interested in him.

Like I say, I'd have him in for £5m tops and 17k a week

Not the proposterous numbers that are flying about

Then not for the first time I don't think you are living in the real world.

25 year old strikers who have just scored 12 goals in the Premier League don't change hands for £5m and 17k wages.

Fletcher would be about £7m absolute tops if he was playing in the Eredivisie, Ligue 1 or Bundesliga last season. For £13m we could be signing a very good striker abroad (or Guidetti) and a Left back and possibly even a third player. i.e:

Guidetti, Cresswell and Annan.

25 year old strikers who have just scored 12 goals in the Premier League don't change hands for £5m and 17k wages.

nor are they £13m signings on £45k a week

The thing with Fletcher is he is an impact player, a game-changer. I think he could complement Bent and definitely match or better Gabby's return,

But £13m? Ok, but if thats the price we're prepared to pay then I hope it is'nt the only money being made available to PL

nor are they £13m signings on £45k a week

I agree, I never said they were.

The difference is he'd be about £5mil cheaper. As I said a few pages back Giroud cost £9.6mil, he scored 21 goals and assisted another 9 last year in Ligue 1, and Podolski scored 18 in 29 for a relegated Koln side only cost £10.9. Can anyone say with any real confidence that Stephen Fletcher is worth more than these players?

But we have no chance of signing those kinds of players.

Fletcher? Meh..Typical MON signing tbh. Will probs be at the Stadium Of Shite next season.

Typical MON signing in terms of being over priced and British however I can't recall MON ever signing an actual goal scorer for us after Carew.

I do believe the opinions would be different if he was the exact same player, with the same recent goal scoring but played abroad.

I do believe that if it was McLeish bidding £13 million for a Scottish striker from Wolves with 8 caps then people would be absolutely livid and trying to overtrump each other with insults over how stupid this signing would be.

This transferstory reeks of MON and is all to familiar.

He's not a bad player, but the money involved are just silly

Â