Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Was at the game, he was alright, needs more time to gel into the defence, the whole defence needs more time tbh. He needs to time his jumps for headers a bit better, but other than that he seemed to pass the ball out of the defence well

Far too early to judge him. Forest's second goal was a bit weird, from where I was it seemed a striker just walked through either Clark of Vlaar... was hard to see from where I was. Poor defending. Really can't say who it was though.

Anyone who saw sat, how does his pace look? From what people were saying before he signed, his pace may be suspect...with him and Clark (not particularly quick himself) may be a disadvantage when playing a fast strike force..(not that I'm trying to be negative)

Anyone who saw sat, how does his pace look? From what people were saying before he signed, his pace may be suspect...with him and Clark (not particularly quick himself) may be a disadvantage when playing a fast strike force..(not that I'm trying to be negative)

One instance, he was up against Ishmael Miller by the touchline whilst Vlaar was backing off, Miller played the ball past him but Vlaar read it and got his body in the way. Miller isnt the slowest player either and is quite powerful... so positioning wise that was spot on against a faster opponent. As a centre half I dont think its majorly important to have so much pace, more so if your a full back.

Â