Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I've forgotten what it's like to have best players

Oh the contrasts. Previous summers weve been battling to keep hold of our "stars" and this summer were battling to get rid of our rejects.

Not sure which I prefer?!

I've forgotten what it's like to have best players

Oh the contrasts. Previous summers weve been battling to keep hold of our "stars" and this summer were battling to get rid of our rejects.

Not sure which I prefer?!

Dunno. Failing at both though.

Anyone who saw sat, how does his pace look? From what people were saying before he signed, his pace may be suspect...with him and Clark (not particularly quick himself) may be a disadvantage when playing a fast strike force..(not that I'm trying to be negative)

I would say pace wise he is on a par with Gareth Barry.

Anyone who saw sat, how does his pace look? From what people were saying before he signed, his pace may be suspect...with him and Clark (not particularly quick himself) may be a disadvantage when playing a fast strike force..(not that I'm trying to be negative)

I would say pace wise he is on a par with Gareth Barry.

He's quite similar to Barry in some senses, reads the game, not the quickest physically but fast thinking, started out in defensive positions...erm...played for Villa, brown hair?

I see Feyenord lost 1-0 tonight. Wonder how much they missed our new boys.

We haven't really missed them. We have missed John Guidetti more than Vlaar or/and El Ahmadi. We missed so many chances against Kiev...it's unreal. We missed a lot of chances last weekend as well but still won 0-1 against FC Utrecht. Luckily we have a good draw for the Europa League against Sparta Prague so we are probably going into the group stages.

We have signed Joris Mathijsen on a free transfer from Malaga as a replacement for Vlaar and our young centre backs Stefan de Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi have been called up for the Belgium vs Holland game this week. Joris Mathijsen is also there while Vlaar is not in the squad this time.

I'm looking forward to see how Vlaar and El Ahmadi get on the PL. I hope they do well.

Solid debut.

Has strength and class about him. Decent on the ball and had that great touch over Cole's (?) head to get past him. Also that rocket shot that was heading for the bottom corner was impressive. He will get a few goals for us this season I think.

Very happy with this signing.

Solid debut.

Has strength and class about him. Decent on the ball and had that great touch over Cole's (?) head to get past him. Also that rocket shot that was heading for the bottom corner was impressive. He will get a few goals for us this season I think.

Very happy with this signing.

Agree with all this.

Good debut and a good positive from a poor match.

This bloke is immense. I loved the way he pushed forward at the end trying to spark something. He hates to lose, and is all class.

He certainly impressed me with the swerving shot he had from outside the box.

Â