Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He's always been very good on the ball, whenever he's in possession i'm never worried he'll be disposed or just pass it to the opposition as Clark and Baker do on occasions.

Previously I've thought he's been weak in the air (although better this season) and he struggles to read the play which means throughballs split our defence.

He's been doing quite well, and he's surprisingly good on the ball, so much so that I'd consider playing him in front of the back four when Okore is back and fit.

Isn't his ability on the ball why Villa bought him?

Yes he was always good on the ball. Feyenoord are a footballing team.

Can't wait for Okore to come back as well, next to Vlaar. I'm certain we'll see less hoofing, if the hoofing consist I'm sure it will be more accurate atleast. Okore passing has been brilliant the few times he featuered, put him next to vlaar who's also safe on the ball with an in form Lune and Lowton and our back four will propraly be the best passing unit.

• Like 1

He's been doing quite well, and he's surprisingly good on the ball, so much so that I'd consider playing him in front of the back four when Okore is back and fit. 

Agree with the first bit but theres no way he is capable of playing infront of a defence.

Agree with the first bit but theres no way he is capable of playing infront of a defence.

Why not? I think he could be pretty decent there. He's good with the ball and is sadly probably one of our more creative players.

I think he'd do a better job than Sylla to be honest.

He's not as slow as you might think anyway, he's not lightening but has sneaky pace which means he's not that bad in a foot race with a lot of premier league strikers, as we have seen this season. 

I think he is capable of doing the holding role also. If Clark can do it, no reason why he couldn't. Not that I would want to see him anywhere other then CB though.

Edited by Isa

He's slow and immobile. Hes doing good finally at cb i see no reason to change that, certainly dont see him as anything other than a cb personally.

I wonder when this slagging off will end. Because the guy I'm watching is far from those things.

Â