Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

2 clean sheets in 3 games and keeping a City team quiet from open play. Our captain deserves some praise I believe

Vlaar has a hell of a lot to do before he can be called a success. He's been very poor since signing for us. Helping to get us a clean against the mighty Hull Tigers ain't much to shout about.

2 clean sheets in 3 games and keeping a City team quiet from open play. Our captain deserves some praise I believe

Vlaar has a hell of a lot to do before he can be called a success. He's been very poor since signing for us. Helping to get us a clean against the mighty Hull Tigers ain't much to shout about.

praise and success are 2 different things ;)

If dont appreciate 2 clean sheets against 2 teams that are strong at home then you have really high standards

He's has been a lot better this season almost improved as much as Clark or maybe they've just sorted out they're partnership.

Also been helped out by better defensive full backs.

Edited by Oaks

See what you did Zatman? You and your bloody positivity? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

You mean Vlaar or are you responding to the Westwood post above?

I've defended Vlaar when it seemed all around me were baying for blood, but yesterday I thought he was poor.  He lost his man twice for an opportunity that only didn't go in thanks to a brilliant Guzan save.  Out of positional necessity it seemed as if Delph was Baker's partner as much as Vlaar was too.  We'll need a better performance against Lukaku and Everton or it could be ugly.  We're lucky Spurs have a relatively weak frontline.

Agree, that second goal was all down to Vlaar, he could of let it run through, but instead he tries to head it out, but the header was so sodding weak it landed at Westwoods feet who then lost the ball and we were done.

So it wasn't all down to him then

Agree, that second goal was all down to Vlaar, he could of let it run through, but instead he tries to head it out, but the header was so sodding weak it landed at Westwoods feet who then lost the ball and we were done.

So it wasn't all down to him then

Westwood had a part to play, but as your experienced defender you'd expect him to get a better head on it or positionally know where the ball is heading. To be fair to Westwood he was surrounded immediately by 3 players and unless he acted like Messi he was always likely to lose it. By the way not having a go at Vlaar he has improved, but still odd moment where we struggle with communication. Big test for them this Saturday, don't think we will play a high line in that game.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Â