Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I am finding it much harder to get upset over this than I was at the start of the season. Partly because of the Okore/Clark partnership and partly because Ron's physical fragility has been exposed yet again, I don't think he's important enough or young enough to be deemed an essential part of the squad moving forward.

However, I would like to see us hang on to him for the rest of the season if we can, if only because none of our CBs have the greatest record injury-wise and it seems most unlikely we will ever have all five of them available at the same time and there is always a chance of being left exposed without him. Also, the Man Utd game showed that a 3-5-2 can be effective against the top teams, and Ron holds down the middle of a back 3 perfectly. 

• Like 1

Yeah, £2m is a little low but I wouldn't be looking for much more than £3/4m. He's injured quite a bit, he's not been as good as he was in the World Cup for us ever and I might be wrong, but how many of our wins has he actually played in? Conceding isn't our issue at the moment as much as scoring is.

Yeah, £2m is a little low but I wouldn't be looking for much more than £3/4m. He's injured quite a bit, he's not been as good as he was in the World Cup for us ever and I might be wrong, but how many of our wins has he actually played in? Conceding isn't our issue at the moment as much as scoring is.

To be fair, prior to this season, almost all of them. It's true that we should let him go - other players are playing well, and he is considerably more injury-prone this year. Nevertheless, 2m (and euros, not pounds) is a very low price. Hopefully it represents a starting offer. 

If Clark continues to play like he has and stays in the team, him.

I'd rather have him concentrating on his game at the moment, he's in great form and I think giving him the captaincy may distract him from the basics. In a couple of years Id agree though.

• Like 1

Sad for the guy, as he may not even play for us many times again but Clark/Okore/Baker are our future and they need to play week in week out together without being disrupted too much. 

Remember when people were arguing he wasn't injury prone?  :D

Nobody said that.

People said he wasn't AS injury prone (based on his record for us) as others were suggesting.

I'm sure everyone who did say that would re-evaluate that opinion now (I know I would)

If we can get anything for him this window we should take it. Probably won't now that he's injured

Â