Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Surely Arsenal's priority is a striker?

They need a new CB from somewhere as they sold Vermaelaen and Sagna and just replaced them with Chambers who's still learning the position.

Koscienly is picking up a few injuries aswell so I do think they'll sign one today, just hope it isn't Ron.

I've said before and I'll say it again.

I'd rather see him leave for free next summer after a good last season with us than get some paltry sum of ~5m and leave us short.

Rons not the sort of player to strop, he'll just want to play his football.

• Like 2

I cant see Lambert or Lerner letting him go unless its an absurd fee and they can go and get someone else in. I'd hate to see such a vital player go and be a bench warmer at Arsenal anyway i'd rather lose him on a free in the summer and keep him for this year because we seem to actually have a bit of stability in the team right now and i'd be gutted to lose it just as it starts.

Ron seems happy with his football, the club and knows he's adored here. His family seem to have settled in the area and the defence looks like it's a pleasure to play in.

I would assume that that counts for a lot in, not just football, but any career. 

Would Ron sign a bumper contract with an agreement that if any offer came in next year we would accept it? To honour us and ensure we don't lose him for nothing.

Yeah I think if we offered him more, but with a release clause of sorts, then he'd probably be more likely to sign. He's getting a pay rise, could still get his big move and we get money for him leaving rather than nothing. Win all round.

Â