Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

My money is on us signing no one this evening  :(

Sadly it looks likei am right....sorry.

Did the window shut?

Glad to see hypocrisy is alive and kicking.

Anyway about that Vlaar fella.

Where's the hypocrisy?

Like I explained in the transfer speculation thread, I never said Vlaar was definitely staying and I based my opinion on the fact that both Lambert and his agent have said that Vlaar will stay.

Loads of people were acting as if the window had already shut despite the fact that there was nothing definitive from anybody at the club.

Edited by Mantis

Leaving on a free next summer would be my guess. Can't see him signing a new deal.

Just enjoy one of the most in form defenders in world football playing for us while you can.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but he'll be able to guarantee himself a lot of money if he signs a new deal.

Edited by Mantis

Leaving on a free next summer would be my guess. Can't see him signing a new deal.

Just enjoy one of the most in form defenders in world football playing for us while you can.

Guess we'll just have to say, but he'll be able to guarantee himself a lot of money if he signs a new deal.

true, or make himself more money as a free agent without a new club having to fork out a transfer fee for him.

I hope that we keep this form up in the league, never look in danger of relegation and improve the squad further in January (plus have new owners!) leading him to sign a new deal.

Why was he only signed in a 3 year deal in the first place. We usually do 4.

Vlaar was quite a gamble to due to age and injury history i suspect. 

He's had 2 cruciate ligament injuries (1 in 2007 and 1 in 2008) and it was quite risky to hand him a 4 year deal in a much more physically demanding league than the Eredivisie. 

Why was he only signed in a 3 year deal in the first place. We usually do 4.

Vlaar was quite a gamble to due to age and injury history i suspect. 

He's had 2 cruciate ligament injuries (1 in 2007 and 1 in 2008) and it was quite risky to hand him a 4 year deal in a much more physically demanding league than the Eredivisie.

Good shout.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing, let's hope we can get him to sign an extension now though.

Â